Subsurface dive log software - Dive Site Sharing

General banter about diving and why we love it.
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Subsurface dive log software - Dive Site Sharing

Post by orcasc205 »

Hi,

For those of you that use Subsurface (http://www.subsurface-divelog.org) to log your dives, you may have noticed that version 4.9.1 was just released. One of the new features that I helped add to the 4.9 version is the ability to import and export dive sites from the program as XML files so you can share the information with your dive buddies that dive the same sites.

To help encourage this, I've also been working on a website that is a dive site directory where you can search for dive sites either on a map or by text searches on name or location. Dive sites from Subsurface can be uploaded to the website and the sites can be exported in the correct XML format for Subsurface to use.

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in being a beta user for the website to help test it out. You don't even have to be a Subsurface user if you just want to use the site to browse the available dive sites and to manually add your own sites. PM me if you are interested.

-Doug
SteveZissou
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: Subsurface dive log software - Dive Site Sharing

Post by SteveZissou »

I’m definitely interested in a database of dive sites for subsurface! Would also help out on the site if you need any.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I was using a dive site dive log software which was kind of cool was on Android..app, but I stopped Using it cause the app disappeared
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

You may want to take a look at Subsurface (http://subsurface-divelog.org). It runs on Mac, Windows or Linux desktops and there are Android and iOS apps available. Due to screen size limitations, the phone apps don't have all of the features of the desktop app (mostly the Deco Planning functions are missing), but they are adequate for logging dives. Best of all it's free.
sztokbant
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by sztokbant »

Dear Doug, I would love to have access to the website you mentioned. Is it still in beta?

I'm looking forward to using the import/export location feature! Thanks a lot and keep up with the great work!
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

Hi,

The website is still available and I've been slowly adding new sites and new features to it as time permits. The url is https://www.scuba-sites.com. You can browse and search the public sites without creating an account, but if you want to register you can upload or create your own sites and make them publicly visible. Once you register, you can also get an invite to the Slack channels for support and feature requests -- just the #Support menu at the upper right of the screen.

Cheers,

-Doug