How many dives did you do in 2009?

General banter about diving and why we love it.

How many dives did you do in 2009?

1-49
28%
50-99
38%
100-149
18%
150-200
7%
200+
9%

Total votes: 82

DeepBloo
Getting To Know Folks

Re: How many dives did you do in 2009?

Post by DeepBloo »

I set a goal to average 1 per day.....didn't make it. I hit 300 for my highest annual number to date.
Fritz
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

Sounder wrote:
spatman wrote:
loanwolf wrote:By the why I can run up to 12 hrs on a single dive if I want to
greg, how do you get 12 hrs out of your sorb? i thought the most was around 6 hours with a whatsit - radial scrubber, i think?
I'm obviously not a CCR diver (yet), but a 12-hour scrubber is pretty awesome. With that much safety margin beyond 8 hours, it definitely boosts my interest in CCR (figuring I could change my scrubber at 8 hours and even go a little beyond that and still be plenty safe). Me likey!! Although, at 12 hours in the water, I think I'd need to 850 to power a serious suit heater!
I've been on trips with a guy who routinely gets 10 hours on a Prism Radial, it's mind boggling, and no those arean't 10 hour dives, more like 5 two hour dives and in warm watter... would expect more like 7 in cold. It certainly cuts down on the amount of scrubber one has to cart around. The rEvo split axial scrubber also economizes without pushing the risk factor.

As far as number of dives, I didn't count, all I know is that it was a terrible year for diving... a wonderful year for being a first time dad, but not so good on the dives. I'd be surprised if I topped 50 dives. This year will be better, my wife and I are taking our little one in tow, heading to Indonesia in May for 11 days of warm water critter dives!
g
Gill Envy

...because we weren't born with gills!
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

I don't keep a formal log; haven't for a long time but from a dive perspective last year was frustrating for me. It finished up fine and this year has started off fine though. Congratulations to those who had a wet year, those who had a very wet year and those who had a saturated to the point of needing to squeeze the water out year.

Anyone want a remote home site complete with all the amenities? Seasons change and so has our life style. More diving and more snorkeling for my wife.
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Got in around 80-100ish, called it quites for a few months when my drysuit was pretty much soaking me and it took awhile to get it fixed :p
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Wound up getting in 123 dives last year.
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Tom Nic wrote:40 respondents so far on the poll - come on people, mark your dives!
Well, after a couple folks resurrected this poll we've ended up at around 78 respondents - a pretty good number as far as I'm concerned.

One thing about this group - they DIVE! =D>

56% of the respondents did between 50 & 149 dives - that is a pretty active group of divers, IMO. If you did over 150 you're in a pretty small group and probably need therapy - or perhaps that IS your therapy!

After being on a cattle boat in Kauai with a majority of vacation divers I'm reminded again of how important it is to dive regularly to work on and keep up skills.

Thanks for participating in this unscientific sampling!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman