Who's excited for the Dive Expo?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Who's excited for the Dive Expo?

Post by wallyc72 »

Just wondering who is EXCITED for the Dive Expo. I am!! We have some much stuff coming in its like Christmas around here!
Ooh piece of candy

Ooh piece of candy
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Re: Who's excited for the Dive Expo?

Post by wallyc72 »

You will have to come to the Expo to see what is in the boxes!
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

wallyc72 wrote: Ooh piece of candy

Ooh piece of candy
If that's me in there I'm going to be really pissed off!
April
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Can Items be sold at the Expo this year? Or is this just stuff you are going to tease us with?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Someone in expo planning needs to schedule the Expo for crappy tide weekends (like last weekend) not great tide weekends like the one coming up. I bet there's some fancy phase of the moon thingies that can help http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/get_pr ... bbavgd=003
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

CaptnJack wrote:Someone in expo planning needs to schedule the Expo for crappy tide weekends (like last weekend) not great tide weekends like the one coming up. I bet there's some fancy phase of the moon thingies that can help http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/get_pr ... bbavgd=003
Tides like last week-end wouldn't work out so well for putting two or three hundred divers in at Owens Beach for the Treasure Hunt.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Post by wallyc72 »

sheahanmcculla wrote:Can Items be sold at the Expo this year? Or is this just stuff you are going to tease us with?
Some items can be sold at the Expo.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

wallyc72 wrote:
sheahanmcculla wrote:Can Items be sold at the Expo this year? Or is this just stuff you are going to tease us with?
Some items can be sold at the Expo.

you bringing those fancy tacoma scuba ballcaps? save one for me if you do.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

CaptnJack wrote:Someone in expo planning needs to schedule the Expo for crappy tide weekends (like last weekend) not great tide weekends like the one coming up.
You fail.

This way I get great diving + expo in one trip. In fact if you see me at the Expo my hair will still be wet and I will have just finished at a minimum my 7th dive of the previous 48 hours. :neener: It's the perfect storm (me + low exchange + Expo).
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I am so seriously ticked that I'm working all weekend. I have friends, and online friends who are going, and products are going to be there that I really wanted to see. It's not FAAAAIIIIRRR!!!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I think it's great! I can't dive anyway so they provided me with dive related entertainment and lots of friends and soon to be friends to meet and chat with. :neener: :neener:
kagey747
Avid Diver

Post by kagey747 »

I'm bummin that I'll miss the Tacoma show again, but was looking fwd to seeing the Bangkok Dive and Travel (and Golf?) Expo... now it's been moved due to the civil unrest here. :angry:
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

ORDiver, my gf Marie and myself are coming up on Sunday, then going diving afterwords at LD or Redondo afterwords if time allows. Looking for a surface dry suit for Marie, never been to one yet so looking forword to this.
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Stop and say hello at Whidbey Island Dive Center booth ! Hope to see you there :bye:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

DIVE EXPO DIVE EXPO DIVE EXPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop by the UEMIS/Sitech/She-P booth and say hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Are you doing SiTech now, too, Laura? Have any of the new Necktite rings?
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Whoopee! Show time!!! :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco:
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

LCF wrote:Are you doing SiTech now, too, Laura? Have any of the new Necktite rings?
i'm not sitech, thats bruce... but uemis and sitech are brought in by the same agent, so we work as a team for PR stuff :)

we should have samples of everything
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

I will get to go Saturday. Looking forward to meeting many of you!
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Gotta work Sat. but I'm gonna try to get out early and head down to the show since I'll be in Seattle anyway. Definitely gonna be there Sunday though.... Should be a blast!!! Will there be any of the NWDC Goodies (old or new) there?

:metal:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Grateful Diver wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Someone in expo planning needs to schedule the Expo for crappy tide weekends (like last weekend) not great tide weekends like the one coming up. I bet there's some fancy phase of the moon thingies that can help http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/get_pr ... bbavgd=003
Tides like last week-end wouldn't work out so well for putting two or three hundred divers in at Owens Beach for the Treasure Hunt.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
LOL....with all those divers in such a small space crazily swimming over/under/around each other looking for golf balls (or whatever they hide for prizes), I think currents might be the least of a participant's worries.

I am looking forward to the Expo on Saturday, but more looking forward to putting more NWDC names to faces. Now if everyone could just wear name tags or something.....:)
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

lizard0924 wrote:I am looking forward to the Expo on Saturday, but more looking forward to putting more NWDC names to faces. Now if everyone could just wear name tags or something.....:)
I was seriously thinking of donating a supply of "Hello, my name is . . ." stickers at the NWDC booth, but folks would be required to put their screen name on it.
Kelly
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

ktb wrote:
lizard0924 wrote:I am looking forward to the Expo on Saturday, but more looking forward to putting more NWDC names to faces. Now if everyone could just wear name tags or something.....:)
I was seriously thinking of donating a supply of "Hello, my name is . . ." stickers at the NWDC booth, but folks would be required to put their screen name on it.
Good idea...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

ktb wrote:
I wouldn't have a problem with that...
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

pensacoladiver wrote:I will get to go Saturday. Looking forward to meeting many of you!
i hope to finally meet you on saturday, chad.