Whidbey Divers tally in!

General banter about diving and why we love it.

What area do you hail from?

North whidbey
50%
South whidbey
13%
Fidalgo island (anacortis)
13%
Skagit countyish (burlington and etc)
25%

Total votes: 8

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Whidbey Divers tally in!

Post by Dashrynn »

I know a couple divers who frequent keystone, skyline, deception pass, rosario, and etc fidalgo/whidbey dive sites. But who Else dives this spot every week and live near the area?

Now I know there is a few of you who keep your location secret (its okay batman we respect you) so we have no idea who lives and dives this area thus we cant bug you to go diving.

So please, show your Whidbey Diver pride!
Blaiz
Pelagic

Re: Whidbey Divers tally in!

Post by Blaiz »

my slum is right between coupeville and oak harbor!

and I will dive with others! including you!
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Blaiz wrote:my slum is right between coupeville and oak harbor!

Hey hey hey......see if i let you have a taste of crack again! lol

Oh and it would be nice if everyone gave a hey ohhhh! On here, ya know, so blaiz can pm you for crazy midnight dives by the bay shore :smt064
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Dashrynn wrote:
Blaiz wrote:my slum is right between coupeville and oak harbor!

Hey hey hey......see if i let you have a taste of crack again! lol

Oh and it would be nice if everyone gave a hey ohhhh! On here, ya know, so blaiz can pm you for crazy midnight dives by the bay shore :smt064
That was a generic you, not a you specifically Dash... feeling defensive are we? :partyman:

And I might PM you for midnight searches for seashells at the seashore... but at least I'll follow through :smt064
The student was ready.

4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

I cast a vote for Burlington although I am a bit farther South. One of my favorite boat launches is Cornet Bay.
whatevah
Aquanaut

Post by whatevah »

I live in the hills north of Burlington. Keystone has long been my local shore dive of choice, though these days I'm generally only there when I see pristine conditions predicted and I can't get a boat outing to work, or if I need to test out new gear. October through March I'm more frequently forced to give up the boat and resort to shore diving. Past year or so I've been branching out and heading to Mukilteo, Redondo, TTN, Cove 2 for more night dives, mostly to hang out with a friend who is an excellent diver and certified critter nut. Like 4ster, Cornet Bay is my favored launch, but I make use of Washington Park and Twin Bridges (Swinomish Channel) pretty regularly also.
“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” -- John Muir
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

I am out on strawberry point, I haven't dove the island yet but in the winter months I make it up there more then the summer (I like the weather up there better in stormy months)

What is the general consensus on availability for diving due to work I normally cant get up there before Thursday as 3g is only so good out my way so i cant work from home effectively. You guys make weekend dives ok? I want to dive keystone (the club dive) but would also like to make some on the west end I also want to plop down in the channel on the north and see what is down there (if anything)

H20 said something about a nice drift dive out that way that you can shore dive?

and then some day I want to hit deception as a drift, otherwise I would like to make a group effort up there for a shore dive some day and check it out

we just need to plan more, I cant spur of the moment dive up there but if people plan about a week out for a dive I can schedule around that easy
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

spudgunman wrote:
H20 said something about a nice drift dive out that way that you can shore dive?
Driftwood can be an intense drift if the current is up high, never drifted all the ways to keystone though, which most have done. But for me this is my normal night dive, its a backup when you can't do a dive at keystone too.

Driftwood used to be an old dock for folks that liked to party on their boats and gamble. Because of that there is bottles (not old), old tires, some pilings that are layed down and etc.
whatevah
Aquanaut

Post by whatevah »

Dashrynn wrote: Driftwood can be an intense drift if the current is up high, never drifted all the ways to keystone though, which most have done. But for me this is my normal night dive, its a backup when you can't do a dive at keystone too.
I think this is the same site I know as "Admiralty Tire Reef" ?
“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” -- John Muir
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

whatevah wrote:
Dashrynn wrote: Driftwood can be an intense drift if the current is up high, never drifted all the ways to keystone though, which most have done. But for me this is my normal night dive, its a backup when you can't do a dive at keystone too.
I think this is the same site I know as "Admiralty Tire Reef" ?

yarr
The student was ready.

Metal man
Aquaphile

Post by Metal man »

I grew up on South Whidbey, does that count? :pirate:
Gabe ~D.I.A.W.Y.C. Diver
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Metal man wrote:I grew up on South Whidbey, does that count? :pirate:

only if you still dive here
The student was ready.

Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

In about 11 days you're gonna have a lot of Whidbey Divers ... hope to see y'all at Keystone on the 24th ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/