whew! Back to normal, if you remember me.

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

whew! Back to normal, if you remember me.

Post by Emilyrc »

Hey guys and gals! It's been a long time (almost a year) since I got certified, and had only been diving once after that. I've had a couple of surgeries, one on my elbow and a lamenectomy on my back. I have been dreaming (literally) about diving since my back surgery just over a month ago and have been cleared to return to being active in doing whatever I like with no restrictions!

I plan on taking a refresher course and going over my books again to get re-familiarized with diving. But..... I don't want to hold anybody back, and I would like to dive soon, but I would need an experienced buddy or two. I am in mount vernon, and can carpool with somebody from up here (I have a VW wagon and I will pay for gas) or meet a group somewhere.
I can't wait to go diving again, and I hope nobody feels burdened by my request!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: whew! Back to normal, if you remember me.

Post by Grateful Diver »

Come to the club dive on June 30 ... I'll do a dive with ya ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Grateful Diver wrote:Come to the club dive on June 30 ... I'll do a dive with ya ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
As will I. Really, if you come to the club dive you'll have more takers than you know what to do with.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

I'm coming to the club dive, but I'm having a procedure done on my outer ear on the 29th and won't be able to dive for a week after that. I may be able to go sometime next week, but I can really start the week after the 5th at almost anytime during the summer until school starts again in the fall. I'm stoked to have people willing to dive with me!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome back to the addiction!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Thanks folks!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Hi Emily,

I'll dive with you anytime/anywhere for as long as you give me the heads up on the date and time. I live in Edmonds.

Just an FYI, also monitor the board for planned dives. You will find that most groups are "newbie friendly". Just show up, and you usually get buddied up with a more experienced diver. We ALWAYS do a dive profile that suits the experience level of the most inexperienced diver.

There are three dive groups on this board I can think of that have regular scheduled days of the week for their dive:

MMM (Mukilteo Monday Madness) - every Monday at the Mukilteo T-Dock, first dive around 1600-1630, second dive
around 1830-1900, then the third dive at the Diamond Knot Brewery.

Bubbles and Suds - every Wednesday, usually at Edmonds Underwater Park, but if the tides and current are not favorable,
they usually transfer to another dive site like the Mukilteo T-Dock. This is only one dive. The second dive is usually at
Rory's, Demitri's or any other place the group desires to have a beer.

WWW (Wacky Wednesday West Dives) - every Wednesday at any of the West Seattle dive sites, usually at Cove 2. Usually
the first dive is around 1600-1630, second dive, if there is any, around 1830-1900, then the third dive is at their usual
hub at the Matador.

Otherwise, put up a post for a dive you want and hope that people respond and/or show up.

Most of all, speedy recovery and enjoy your dives.

Tom
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Thanks coulterboy! I just came across those group dives before I read your response and I'm sure I'll be to a few of them. My back is 80% better and my ear thing is a small benign tumor removal with local anesthetic. No biggie! :partyman:
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I live in Arlington, and dive Mukilteo often. Let me know if you want to go out and get some dives in at T-dock.

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Novice
Dive-aholic

Post by Novice »

I am up in Bellingham and am always looking for north-enders. Langley isn't a terrible drive from the north end and is a great super easy site, never gets deep than about 30 feet. I usually dive on Thursday evenings after work if you are interested let me know. Driftwood is also sweet and pretty easy as long as you time the currents correctly.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

2loud4u wrote:I live in Arlington, and dive Mukilteo often. Let me know if you want to go out and get some dives in at T-dock.

Brendan
What is, FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT? :dontknow:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

BASSMAN wrote:
2loud4u wrote:I live in Arlington, and dive Mukilteo often. Let me know if you want to go out and get some dives in at T-dock.

Brendan
What is, FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT? :dontknow:
Easier if I post a link

http://www.pugetsoundfools.com/about.html
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT