If you build it, they will come.

General banter about diving and why we love it.
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

If you build it, they will come.

Post by pensacoladiver »

If you spend any amount of time in South Florida, you eventually get to meet some of the diving pioneers. My good friend Frank and I started a Meetup group www.meetup.com/stroke for his boat... and sometimes mine. There just wasn't a club like NWDC (down here) where we could get our dives organized and meet solid divers that actually dive every weekend.

We have gotten this thing off the ground very well and never have any trouble getting folks to come dive.

As it happens, John Chatterton spends at least some of his time down here in Fort Lauderdale and Frank ran into him at Fill Express the other day. Before you know it, Frank had 2 sets of John's doubled up LP 46's that he uses for recreational dives (he let him borrow them to try them out) and about 30 minutes later, John is a part of our meetup group.

Long stroy short, this Thursday (if the weather holds), we are running the boat north to Boynton to do a tech dive on the Skycliffe.

Should be a hell of a time.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: If you build it, they will come.

Post by Joshua Smith »

pensacoladiver wrote:If you spend any amount of time in South Florida, you eventually get to meet some of the diving pioneers. My good friend Frank and I started a Meetup group http://www.meetup.com/stroke for his boat... and sometimes mine. There just wasn't a club like NWDC (down here) where we could get our dives organized and meet solid divers that actually dive every weekend.

We have gotten this thing off the ground very well and never have any trouble getting folks to come dive.

As it happens, John Chatterton spends at least some of his time down here in Fort Lauderdale and Frank ran into him at Fill Express the other day. Before you know it, Frank had 2 sets of John's doubled up LP 46's that he uses for recreational dives (he let him borrow them to try them out) and about 30 minutes later, John is a part of our meetup group.

Long stroy short, this Thursday (if the weather holds), we are running the boat north to Boynton to do a tech dive on the Skycliffe.

Should be a hell of a time.
Very cool! See if you can get him to tell you the story about diving the Brittanic on the CCR 2000. He told it to me at the dive expo a few years ago. Had me in stitches.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."