WDFW GPO update: Seacrest Cove 1,2,3 now included in options

General banter about diving and why we love it.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: WDFW GPO update: Seacrest Cove 1,2,3 now included in opt

Post by CaptnJack »

Jaksonbrown wrote: Ahhhemmmm...... Rally against hook and line fishing??? Efforts to limit Cabezon season?? Past tries to close Neah Bay??? Get your facts straight bud... These efforts were brought on by DIVERS..... Namely EX :taco: Commissioner Jennings who is a DIVER....... with an agenda. I'm a diver, and a spearo, and a hook and line guy. The sport fishing community as a whole has done more to PROTECT and sustain our resources than divers ever have or will. You want to do something to actually accomplish something for the fisheries... then divers and hook and line guys need to stop fighting with each other and get on the same page.
Commissioner Jennings is one diver. I don't recall him ever speaking on behalf of the entire population of divers and I don't think Gregorie nominated him for the commission as some sort of diver rep.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

CaptnJack wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote: Ahhhemmmm...... Rally against hook and line fishing??? Efforts to limit Cabezon season?? Past tries to close Neah Bay??? Get your facts straight bud... These efforts were brought on by DIVERS..... Namely EX :taco: Commissioner Jennings who is a DIVER....... with an agenda. I'm a diver, and a spearo, and a hook and line guy. The sport fishing community as a whole has done more to PROTECT and sustain our resources than divers ever have or will. You want to do something to actually accomplish something for the fisheries... then divers and hook and line guys need to stop fighting with each other and get on the same page.
Commissioner Jennings is one diver. I don't recall him ever speaking on behalf of the entire population of divers and I don't think Gregorie nominated him for the commission as some sort of diver rep.
Then you haven't been paying attention.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Jaksonbrown wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Au contraire. I have listened and read a raft of commission documents over the past 4+ years and I don't recall David ever speaking as if he was in his position as a dive industry or community rep. He didn't hide it, but it wasn't part of every meeting by any means.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

CaptnJack wrote:
Jaksonbrown wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Au contraire. I have listened and read a raft of commission documents over the past 4+ years and I don't recall David ever speaking as if he was in his position as a dive industry or community rep. He didn't hide it, but it wasn't part of every meeting by any means.
No... he wasn't labeled as "the" "dive rep" by himself or anyone else. But his agenda was quite clear in spite of the facts. He was removed by his fellow commissioners and public testimony. Nuff said.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Jaksonbrown wrote:No... he wasn't labeled as "the" "dive rep" by himself or anyone else. But his agenda was quite clear in spite of the facts. He was removed by his fellow commissioners and public testimony. Nuff said.
Ergo, You and David have alot in common! :goodpost: :extinguishflame: :smt064 :rjack: :seesaw: :rocket: :tappingfoot: :stir: :penelope: :rofl: :luv:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

OK guys, you've both made your point and entertained the masses enough.

Back to your corners. Please.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

well I have something to say...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... and this thread has now degenerated into a fishing vs diving theme ... wherein the usual suspects just wanted to drop by and tell us all that we basically suck.

Can we please either boot them out of the thread ... since their "contribution" has nothing to do with the topic ... or just close the damn thing?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Points have been made, Opinions have been noted, and pissing has commenced.

Any further pissing and I'll just lock the thread, and we won't hesitate to ban the users where it is warranted..

In the meantime, against my perhaps better judgement I will leave it open in case there is anything to actually report that has happened.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman