Anybody have, or know where to get, webbing clips?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Matt S.
Submariner

Anybody have, or know where to get, webbing clips?

Post by Matt S. »

I need a few of these clips that snap onto webbing. I made the error of believing I'd be able to walk into my local scuba retailer and purchase them. One place didn't have them. The other place didn't even know what I was talking about. ಠ_ಠ

Obviously I can order them, but I have a trip coming up and I am out of time. Also, I'm not going to pay $10 shipping for $2 in parts. (... instead I will be paying $10 in gas if I can find any local shop that carries these rare unicorn horns.)

Matt S.
Submariner

Re: Anybody have, or know where to get, webbing clips?

Post by Matt S. »

OK, I have now called every store in the Seattle area. Those who knew what I was talking about didn't carry them. *#@()! I had no idea these things were so rare.

So, if you have any spares you're willing to part with, drop me a line. I'm not going to die without them, but they do make some things very convenient.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Did you try the fabric store...Pacific Fabrics?
They usually have anything you might need like that.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

Post by Paladin4Christ »

Dive Gear Express online. I think they are $0.35 a piece.

How many do you need?
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'll look at Seattle Fabrics tomorrow when I pick up what I need to finish my sun awnings.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

Thanks, renoun. I think I've got a source lined up now, but it will be good to know if Seattle Fabrics does have them.

I know DGE has them, the problem is shipping delay (and cost).

I'm still flabbergasted that no Seattle shops have them. I am pretty sure the half dozen I have now all came from around town!
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Alright, now that you think you have a source, mind if I hijack this thread and ask what they do/are for? I have never seen them, and I am honestly curious.

--EDIT--

Post number 777 - the holiest of holies! :angelblue:
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

usually for weight pouches, bungees (for sidemount rigs) etc. they are super secure and very strong.. I used to have some for quick connecting weight pouches on my harness.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

They are kind of like a super clothes pin. The body fits over 2" webbing and press snaps closed. There are plastic points inside to grip the webbing to keep it from sliding. There's a loop on the end you can attach things to if you want.
Comes in COLORS....cool.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

I normally use them to keep stuff from sliding past a certain point on webbing. For example, I have one on my right-side belt to keep my can from sliding allll the way back to the plate. If I put a pouch on my belt, I normally sandwich it between two of the clips to keep it from wandering. They are very handy... and apparently, also very rare now in local retail. Waynne is going to set me up though, and I did find ONE in my toolbox so I can fix one annoyance on my rig before my trip!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

can you use those large plastic trip-glides with teeth? I use those to keep weight pouches in place.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
RDW
Aquaphile

Post by RDW »

When I had my shop, those things would sit in a bucket along with all sorts of weight retainers. Just in case someone needed a few. You know, impulse buy. Ha! Hardly moved a one. I did use them for adjusting rental weight belts. That was about the max use for these clips. Now you know why no shop carries 'em. Why pay for inventory that doesn't move out the door?
Matt? Amazingly, I still have two here in my gear stash. I just sent you a PM about these things.
Randy Williams

"Man who say it cannot be done should not bother man who is doing it."
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

yeah--that might work. It'll be fine. :)
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Despite the great assortment of webbing and hardware Seattle Fabrics doesn't stock the widget in question.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

Thanks for the info, though!
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Post by ohopdiver »

Looks like a tarp holder available at hardware stores.
They chew up tarps and my underwater map cases but would work on webbing.