Any diving Marilyn Nelson park?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
JasonDiver
Frequent Bubbler

Any diving Marilyn Nelson park?

Post by JasonDiver »

Does anyone know if there is any good diving at Marilyn Nelson park off Port William road at mouth of Sequim Bay?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Any diving Marilyn Nelson park?

Post by CaptnJack »

Have not dove there. But based on the NOAA charted depths (shallow slope into a vast field of ~70ft sand), and pictures of the shoreline (gravel) I would not expect much...

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/18471.shtml
http://www.clallam.net/Parks/portwilliams.html
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

There might be some crabbing there.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
JasonDiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by JasonDiver »

CaptnJack wrote:Have not dove there. But based on the NOAA charted depths (shallow slope into a vast field of ~70ft sand), and pictures of the shoreline (gravel) I would not expect much...
It sounds like may be ok for training classes, if the currents good.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

JasonDiver wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Have not dove there. But based on the NOAA charted depths (shallow slope into a vast field of ~70ft sand), and pictures of the shoreline (gravel) I would not expect much...
It sounds like may be ok for training classes, if the currents good.
Or looking for little things... There's no current station near there. There is a big current stream in-out of Sequim bay, although I've only 'ridden' it in a boat.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.