Diving at Cove 2 today

General banter about diving and why we love it.
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Diving at Cove 2 today

Post by LowDrag »

Danee and I went to Seattle to dive Cove 2 again this weekend. It was a very nice day with lots of sun and nice temp's. The viz was not the greatest so we decided to have some lunch and let the tide come in a bit because another diver was saying that with the incoming tide the water would clear up some. So we waited for a while, having our lunch and walking around checking out the scenery.
Back at home Danee said to me, "Your face is as red as mine" and then she said I should ask on the board how do other divers keep from getting sun burned without using SPF. So...How do you keep from getting burned or just well done like us when you are out diving on a really nice day? It seems to us that SPF will just wash off and run into our eyes and that would not be good. Is there some kind of SPF that others use that won't run off into your eyes?

Thanks,
Dave
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving at Cove 2 today

Post by Jeff Pack »

there are lots of sunscreens that are made for water. Pretty much just pick one, unless you want reef safe type ones.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

So the water proof ones actually work huh? Never heard of a reef safe type sunscreen...what are those?
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

bull frog.. it's the best
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Aloe Gator gel 40spf. Great stuff.
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Thanks guys...I will get some today and try it out either today or Tuesday on or next dive.

Happy Labor Day everyone!!! Dive safe!!!
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Be careful with your gear. Sunscreen will eat through latex seals. I've seen it happen right in front of my eyes.
Jenn
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Tell your wife that I use the Olay moisturizer that has SPF 15 equivalent sunscreen. It doesn't run at all, and I have never gotten any of it in my eyes.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

enchantmentdivi wrote:Be careful with your gear. Sunscreen will eat through latex seals. I've seen it happen right in front of my eyes.
Thanks. Any hints as to which one(s) do the eating? We have silicone seals in our White's.
LCF wrote:Tell your wife that I use the Olay moisturizer that has SPF 15 equivalent sunscreen. It doesn't run at all, and I have never gotten any of it in my eyes.
Thanks Lynne...how it is for eating silicone seals like enchantmentdiving is talkng about?