Dry suit versus BC buoyancy question

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Nwcid
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Dry suit versus BC buoyancy question

Post by Nwcid »

I only have experience with 2 undergarments but there IS a difference without a doubt. I did not say it before but I dive Bare Trilam ATR. I have no experience in a neoprene suit so I can not compare.

My first, and now summer, undergarment is a Bare T-100 Thinsulate. It vents effortlessly and I never really had to think about venting.

With the Weezle I have to both think about venting and often actively vent it. With the Thinsulate I think the material is more dense so the air is not "trapped" in the garment as much. With the Weezle it is very "fluffy" kinda like down and "traps" air in it.

With the T-100 a slight roll shoulder up will actively vent. With the Weezle generally I have to raise my left arm a bit, wait a second or two, then "flex" my arm in forcing the air out of the valve. This may also be true of other thick garments, but I don't have first hand experience with them.

Don't know if this holds true for others but it is my experience. I do love my Weezle though. It is nice and toasty in the cold water.
Last edited by Nwcid on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

Check out my site, http://scubadivesites.webs.com/
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

I've always joked that a weezle vents like plugged toilet. That pretty much applies to most any lofting type garment, as they all trap air. My Whites Fusion, though not as warm, vents like a dream.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Jeff Pack wrote:I've always joked that a weezle vents like plugged toilet. That pretty much applies to most any lofting type garment, as they all trap air. My Whites Fusion, though not as warm, vents like a dream.

Now that's funny!!!