Favorite Dive Mags And Why??

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Favorite Dive Mags And Why??

Post by Tom Nic »

I have been enjoying my copy od Dan's 'Alert Diver' magazine the last couple of days.

If you have Dan insurance you get it.

I have been impressed with the quality of the articles, breadth of topics, and photography as of late. Perhaps I am only starting to pay attention, but it seems to me that it has gotten markedly better over the years.

Which lead me to wonder, What are your favorite dive magazines and why? Thanks in advance! !
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Favorite Dive Mags And Why??

Post by Desert Diver »

I read Alert Diver and just about every other dive magazine that I can get. Living on the dry side of the state I don't get enough actual "in water" time.
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

My Favorite is the Alert Diver. I believe that Stephen Frink has been the publisher for the last few years and has done a great job. The quality of the printed magazine is very high, better than most mags. The articles are great and the photography world class. I also like that the magazine can be downloaded to a tablet for travel. Advanced Diver Magazine is the best that I have ever seen and Alert Diver has a similar quality.
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I think Alert Diver is the best general circulation magazine out there, managing a good balance between information, travel, and advertising. Diver magazine, out of Canada, also does a good job, and at least the last time I looked at it, had a very good medical column written by Dr. David Sawatzky.

Quest magazine, published by GUE, has some interesting articles and incredible production values.

There are several online magazines that are fun to read.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I've really enjoy Tech Diver Magazine (free & online only) which has a great series of articles and interviews about the history of diving. Defiantly take a look even if you don't care about the current price of helium.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver