NWDC Activity...

General banter about diving and why we love it.
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Re: NWDC Activity...

Post by olalladiver »

Still love this board myself and appreciate all those keeping it up and running and contributing to it via posts.

Life's kept me running in other directions lately and probably will be for the next couple months, so i'm still in a lull myself. And perhaps others are too and I completely +5 the "things are cyclic" remarks... But even I'm still getting the occasional dive in and still love hearing about other's hitting the sound.

Maybe this just means it's a just redouble our efforts though to invite each other with, bring new divers into the fold and just generally be the great group of folk that I've come to know you as... I for one will make an extra effort to invite others even when I'm already well buddied up for a dive...

Peace and happiness all --
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

I have to say that when I read borrowing a cath I thought of catheder, as in a urine catheder. And although that would tend to endear you to someone, I am not sure about that as the best way....
Rena

Drink water, breathe air. Never get these mixed up.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

RenaB wrote:I have to say that when I read borrowing a cath I thought of catheder, as in a urine catheder. And although that would tend to endear you to someone, I am not sure about that as the best way....
It is a urine catheter being referenced. :)

Pee valve
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

That is information I did not need to know. I was happy thinking I had to be wrong about the assumption. :)
Rena

renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

RenaB wrote:That is information I did not need to know. I was happy thinking I had to be wrong about the assumption. :)
Then I guess you won't be interested in reading the seminal treatise on the topic, Mastery or Misadventure...Secrets of the Condom Catheter, over at Deco Stop and definitely not the queries from a kid wondering if his "hardware" would work with one.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Maybe people are using the "search" bar too much and not needing to start new threads. Remove that, and voila! Activity returns to normal!
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

Emily has a point.

It's a double edged sword, a successful search function. Lots of great info here. And if people find it, they won't post, and discussion won't occur. That's got a downside -- newer members won't have a chance to participate, and thus grow their roots on the resource. And "rehashing" something often yields new information/viewpoints/opinions. It's why I continue to read ScubaBoard.

While things are "slower" here, they are certainly a high signal to noise ratio, and I've never come here and see NO new posts. But then, I don't visit every day, or even every week. Maybe ever 1-2 weeks. That's more a reflection of my time and habits, though.

But I'm happy to see a club dive planned!
Hey Oregon Divers: check out Oregon Scuba Club! http://oregonscuba.com
Looking forward to Roatan June 2016.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Emilyrc wrote:Maybe people are using the "search" bar too much and not needing to start new threads. Remove that, and voila! Activity returns to normal!
Possibly.
Although the fact that traffic goes way way up in a shitstorm suggests that people don't stop to gawk unless there's a huge train wreck. :rjack: :stir: :popcorn:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

CaptnJack wrote:
Emilyrc wrote:Maybe people are using the "search" bar too much and not needing to start new threads. Remove that, and voila! Activity returns to normal!
Possibly.
Although the fact that traffic goes way way up in a shitstorm suggests that people don't stop to gawk unless there's a huge train wreck. :rjack: :stir: :popcorn:
I tend to agree. Plus many of us are linked on Facebook these days...combination of stuff, I suspect.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Looks like we need another shitstorm. Its good for the heart, too. Gets the blood pumping. (To everywhere but the brain.)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Emilyrc wrote:Looks like we need another shitstorm. Its good for the heart, too. Gets the blood pumping. (To everywhere but the brain.)
Indeed!
Are you going to starting diving a yellow box of death while hunting Orcas at Cove2??? :penelope:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Orcas, six gills and seal pups.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Emilyrc wrote:Orcas, six gills and seal pups.
Interested. PM sent.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Shitstorm commencing in 3... 2...
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

already happened on the rebreather thread :)
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

renoun wrote:
RenaB wrote:That is information I did not need to know. I was happy thinking I had to be wrong about the assumption. :)
Then I guess you won't be interested in reading the seminal treatise on the topic, Mastery or Misadventure...Secrets of the Condom Catheter, over at Deco Stop and definitely not the queries from a kid wondering if his "hardware" would work with one.
I actually looked these up (the catheters I mean). This is like a condom catheter, right, not the kind that are inserted for urine bags and catheter collections in the ED? That's a little different, unless previously used, then I am back to not wanting to know.
Rena

kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

RenaB wrote:
renoun wrote:
I actually looked these up (the catheters I mean). This is like a condom catheter, right, not the kind that are inserted for urine bags and catheter collections in the ED? That's a little different, unless previously used, then I am back to not wanting to know.

Yup - standard condom cath's with medical adhesive to help them stay in place..

plug em into a tube that exits the suit, usually with a one-way valve to keep saltwater out incase your are not plugged in. some are also "balanced" with internal suit pressure, so when you dive, the tube doesnt crush/compress and the suction damages your goods.

I dive unbalanced and just "prime" the rubber hose with urine (which is uncompressable)

sometimes we forget to bring the cath and your buds usually have spares.. and unless you need a tractor tire inner tube, the sizes are mostly interchangeable..
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
john gearhart II
Avid Diver

Post by john gearhart II »

Hi I don't feel this site is dead I have meet my dive friends on this site I enjoy reading the topics and I like the way most people have good reasoning behind there comments I am still wet behind the ears not litterly but I just started this last may and found your site a few months later most everyone offers a wealth of information that's what makes this site I would like to see more weekend club dives but we all have life's to live I made my first club dive at mukilteo clay wall this year I will try to make it to more this year :)
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Tangfish wrote:Shitstorm commencing in 3... 2...
Well... this is my fave piece of dive gear!

I don't ever leave home without it (that, and my Internet Tech Diver Cert)!
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

renoun wrote:
Um wow. I actually read the one about the kid wondering if his Hardware would work. He means like hardware.....Now, this is the funny part and I found myself laughing at what I was thinking while reading this. This guy hasn't had intercourse, but has placed multiple metal objects in his ....shaft? I thought the point of those were for "entertainment" of the other party? I liked the idea of attaching the condom with magnets. good plan
Rena