Bruce Higgins Day

General banter about diving and why we love it.
JDR
Avid Diver

Bruce Higgins Day

Post by JDR »

Bruce Higgins Underwater Trails at Brackett's Landing

At the celebration Saturday, 7/7, the City of Edmonds officially declared Saturday to be 'Bruce Higgins Day". They officially recognized the "Bruce Higgins Underwater Trails at Brackett's Landing". (The topside park is still known as Brackett's Landing). A bronze plaque was presented to Bruce from the Mayor recognizing him for 30 years of stewardship of the underwater park. The plaque is mounted on a large rock near the showers overlooking the park.
There was a large turnout of volunteers and divers to help congratulate Bruce on his 30 years of hard work and dedication.
The city of Edmonds and the Parks and Recreation Department gave Bruce his own parking spot. On Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM till 2 PM, the farthest Southeast spot now has a sign "Reserved for underwater park maintenance, Sat/Sun 8 till 2".

A small group of park volunteers built a new feature for Bruce. Khufu, is a pyramid built from 15 foot lengths of Railroad Iron. It was placed just north of Sebastian's tower. It will be on the new map when I post it next week at the park and the Edmonds U/W sports store.

:supz:
[img][/img]
BACK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER - LET'S GO DIVING!
neoerik
Avid Diver

Post by neoerik »

Does anybody have any pictures from this event or of Bruce? We at the WA Scuba Alliance would love to put this on our main page!

Thanks,
Erik
JDR
Avid Diver

Post by JDR »

neoerik wrote:Does anybody have any pictures from this event or of Bruce? We at the WA Scuba Alliance would love to put this on our main page!

Thanks,
Erik
Yes, I do. I'll work on it. I'm writing a short article
JDR
Avid Diver

Post by JDR »

neoerik wrote:Does anybody have any pictures from this event or of Bruce? We at the WA Scuba Alliance would love to put this on our main page!

Thanks,
Erik
JDR
Avid Diver

Post by JDR »

Thanks,
Erik
JDR
Avid Diver

Post by JDR »

JDR wrote:

Thanks,
Erik
Here is a teaser with a few photos of the plaque and the T-shirt

http://www.northwestdiver.com/showthread.php?t=20019
JDR
Avid Diver

Bruce Higgins Day article on WSA Homepage

Post by JDR »

Check it out

http://www.wascuba.org/

Some well deserved recognition :supz: