Need latex seals asap!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
mjbickford
Frequent Bubbler

Need latex seals asap!

Post by mjbickford »

Im coming up on a week without much work, which was supposed to be a week full of diving. But de-rigging my gear, i snagged my wrist seal on my drysuit inflator nipple. Poof! Now i have a gaping hole in my wrist.

Does anyone know a shop/sporting goods store i can pick up seals and glue tomorrow in north sound area? Im in coupeville, so anacortes, port townsend, everett and even seattle ate fair game IF they have seals in stock.

They were latex, but ill accept silicone or a dry glove kit if i can be diving by wednesday.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Re: Need latex seals asap!

Post by BillZ »

Have you tried Don at Octopus Gardens (Port Townsend) or Anacortes Diving Supply?

If it's a hole and not a tear you may be able to patch it with a bicycle tire repair kit. I've also used electrical tape as a quick fix.
mjbickford
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mjbickford »

Its a pretty large tear so i dont think a patch will hold.

It tore at 6:10pm, an all the shops closed @ 6 on sundays.

Don is my first call @ 10 when they open.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

UWS on Aurora usually has them in stock, but I would be surprised if anyone who did seals DIDN'T have them. Good luck!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

The difficult thing to find is the glue. You can use Aquaseal but you'll have a mess on your hands the next time you want to replace the seals.
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

Lighthouse (in Tacoma, at least) has seals and pb300 (glue) in stock. Not sure about their Lynnwood or Seattle locations. They do inter-store deliveries/transfers on Mondays, so it might be possible to have some brought up to the Lynnwood store today. I'd call them ASAP if you're still searching.
mjbickford
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mjbickford »

Don is the man. Went for seals and glue, and i got to play with the new shop dog Ranger. And hear some crazy stories.