Discovery Bay boat launch

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Greg Jensen
Amphibian

Discovery Bay boat launch

Post by Greg Jensen »

Has anyone launched there recently? Trying to find info on the web with conflicting results. The Port Townsend site says $10 launch fee (is there a box there to drop it in?) while the WDFW website says that motorized boats aren't allowed (which makes no sense...)
deep diver
Pelagic

Re: Discovery Bay boat launch

Post by deep diver »

I haven't launched there for a few months, but there has never been a box or a sign and I have never paid so not sure how sure of how or if they are collecting. If there is no sign don't think they could really write you a ticket.

Have no idea what the no motorized boats allowed is all about as that is all that launches there are motorized.

This is IF we are talking about the launch in Gardiner, which is the only public launch ramp I know of there.
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Greg Jensen
Amphibian

Post by Greg Jensen »

Yep, Gardiner. Thanks
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Gardiner uses a discover pass, $10 per day or $30 per year. There is a "discover pass required" sign near where the road first comes close to the road (or used to be).

Its a WDFW ramp, no restrictions on motors that I've ever seen. The ramp isn't great though.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.