Im now a master diver

General banter about diving and why we love it.
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Im now a master diver

Post by verrinne »

This will be a little bit of advertising.
My mom makes jewelry and made me this
She does alot of custom work her stores name is teresa deleen its by B&E meats in des Moines.
-josh
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Re: Im now a master diver

Post by Jeremy »

Congratulations Josh!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Congrats Josh!!!!
I get my master diver cert on Tuesday! Just did my open water rescue class at Cove3 today. It was a blast!

The scuba tags are awesome! I just might need to stop by your moms shop! :)

Hope to see you at ThThTh soon!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Congrat's to both of you!!! I have started Stress & Rescue and the pool portion starts on Tuesday. Any tips about getting through what is about to happen? I sure would appreciate it. I am not sure what to expect and any insider info would be really cool.

Thanks,
Dave
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

In the pool we had to swim some laps, then tred water wearing a small weight belt. Then we did all the drills, sharing air, mask clears, reg clears and out of air drills. Also we practiced the tired diver tows. Then we learned how to do a few rescue sceneries. We do CPR class on Tuesday. We did the same as in the pool in open water yesterday with rescue, it's so much harder to take your gear off and put it back on in the sound. Also bringing in the distress diver with all those waves is tough. Good luck & enjoy! It was really fun!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Didn't you have instructors messing with you? Trying to pull off your mask and get your reg out of your mouth and stuff like that?
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

We took our mask off and put back on for mask clear 3. We approached the victim in teams. One to distract while the other went behind to hold up the victims first stage and put air in the BC. Not sure if all classes teach it the same. They said not to get too close to the victim at first since they might try to climb on you or reach for your reg.
Live Long And Prosper!!!

jpa
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jpa »

I'm not sure instructors can afford the "screw with the trainee" level of insurance these days.
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Probably not...LOL!