Getting out of diving for the time being

General banter about diving and why we love it.
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Getting out of diving for the time being

Post by thefeve »

So after much thought, I've decided to take a step back from diving as a hobby for a while. With the addition of a few kiddos to the family and my time being at a premium, I just don't have the needed time to dive on a regular basis and keep skills current. That, in addition to the risk/reward payoff just changing with a young family, I've decided to call it quits for now. I may get back into it someday when I have more time and the kids are bigger, but for now its just not in the cards. I've really enjoyed the adventure and getting to know people on the board. I'll continue to lurk around here to read other peoples stories. Thanks to everyone that's helped me along the way.

I'll be posting a lot of gear soon too as well, so keep an eye out if you're looking for anything. Mostly all setup in the DIR/UTD/GUE setup.

Thanks again and happy diving to everyone:)
Last edited by thefeve on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Getting out of diving for the time being

Post by spatman »

I just came to the same decision myself. My daughter just turned two, and I've barely been diving since she was born. Add a herniated disc to the mix, and I don't think I'll be diving much either, so I'm selling off my gear too. Diving will always be here if we want to come back to it, but our kids are only this age once. Enjoy it while we can!
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Re: Getting out of diving for the time being

Post by thefeve »

Yeah man, glad to hear I'm not the only one! I have a 2.5 year old, and a 6 month old. Also add to that torn rotator cuffs, and a host of other things, its just tough. Trying to invest more in the things they can do, my little man just got his first taste of riding his bike "off road" and it's so fun to look forward to having a riding buddy!
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer