Edmonds Rookie

General banter about diving and why we love it.
bschnabel
Avid Diver

Edmonds Rookie

Post by bschnabel »

Heading to Edmonds tomorrow for my first real dive there. Any suggestions on what to see, where to go? I went there before but one of the guys diving with us caused us to end the dive without really seeing too much. We were on a path to the tugboat, but never made it.
ohopdiver
Aquaphile

Re: Edmonds Rookie

Post by ohopdiver »

There's two Tugs in the park. Unless you have a knowledgeable guide stay away from the Alitak and Delion drydock. Get a waterproof chart from Edmonds UW Sports $10. Go west on jetty way. You can pick it up feet from the jetty or swim out to one of the yellow buoys. Take a right on Northern Lights (marked by milk crates) which is just past the Jackson wreck (about 24 ft boat). in about 25 yards you'll come to the Cathedrals.
That would be enough to keep many first timers busy on an Al 80. If you want more, cross Cathedral Way and check out Genius then continue west on Cathedral to Triumph Tug and the massive Lopez pontoon. Triumph doesn't look much like a tug anymore except for the tires lining the hull.
bschnabel
Avid Diver

Re: Edmonds Rookie

Post by bschnabel »

Thanks. FYI We will both be diving LP95s or HP 119s. This will be my 94 and 95th dives, trying to get to 99 by Thursday so I can do my dive 100 at the Cane Bay Wall in St Croix! Typically I dive in the south Sound... Redondo, Saltwater, Three Tree... Just haven't made it up this way too often.