Dive into Washington Specialty License Plate

General banter about diving and why we love it.
ImpactInc
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Dive into Washington Specialty License Plate

Post by ImpactInc »

Hello Divers!!

I am working with Washington Scuba Alliance (WSA) to apply for a Dive Into Washington specialty plate through the Dept of Licensing. The start up costs for this is $7,427. The revenue generated from every specialty plate sold will go towards WSA's conservation projects.

As divers we all are lucky enough to enjoy the beautiful waters here in WA State. This is an excellent opportunity to give back by displaying enthusiasm for our sport on our vehicles, show our support for conservation efforts in our state and fund projects that provide improvements to our favorite dive sites. With over 10,000 divers in our state we have the opportunity to make a huge difference!

In case you don't know who WSA is check out their website at http://www.wascuba.org/ They are responsible for the amazing permanent mooring bouys being placed throughout the state, the GPO Protection Initiative and most importantly...replacing tire reefs and creosote pilings with artificial rock reefs!!

The link for the fundraiser webpage is , if you can't donate then perhaps you can just pass the message on via your social media account so we can get the message out!
Attachments
plate-2.jpg
ImpactInc
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: Dive into Washington Specialty License Plate

Post by ImpactInc »

UPDATE: Thank you to everyone who has donated the last few months. We are still short of our goal and continue fundraising efforts. Please keep this project in mind and share with others. Happy diving in 2017
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Post by JJHACK »

I just helped this along with my donation

136 people need to donate 50 bucks each or that equivilent for more or less folks.
This is a unique and really great idea..... I want my special plate so lets make this happen!
The best things in life are not things
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Post by JJHACK »

1500 views to this thread, if each one sacrificed a single trip to starbucks this would be complete already!
The best things in life are not things
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

or the 7400$ in startup just goes to WSA in the firstplace.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

I promoted this to all the dive groups down in SW Washington (Vancouver and PDX) back when the project first got off the ground and was sadly disappointed by the response.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com