Happy new year !

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Happy new year !

Post by Dusty2 »

Happy new year to all my friends who have been wondering if I'm still alive! Can't dive any more but I am still active and working on a way to get back down there without killin myself. I have bee working on a UROV to do the diving for me. I've got it just about ready for a maiden voyage. I have also bought an inflatable for access. It will have a 200' umbilical so I can get to spots I wouldn't have diving. This is what it's looking like. Just have to get it to the salt water and get the buoyancy balanced and do the finale system checks. It has a internal camera for navigation and will have a go pro clone mounted on top for video.
Wish me luck!
ROV.jpg
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Re: Happy new year !

Post by Jan K »

Happy New Year Dusty ! Good luck with your ROV, sounds like a great tool for exploration, keep us posted.
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Yay! Looks like fun. Would love to help or participate if I'm around.

I'm in PT until Jan. 9th, then back again for a week in Feb. Kim gets back Feb. 9th I think.

glenn
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Rich: I join the others in cheering your re-entry into the underwater world. This melds together your creativity, your machining genius, and your enthusiasm for subsea exploration. Keep us posted.
-Curt :rawlings:
Happy to be alive.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Nice to hear from you Curt! It's been a long time! Pm or email me so we can catch up
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Glen, Great to hear your around on occasion, To bad I'm not planning to be up that way for a while yet. The Camping reservation system for Ft Worden has been offline since October so I haven't been able to get up there since then but It is supposed to be back online mid Jan. Last I heard from Kim his return date is the 14th of Feb.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Pretty cool Dusty, please keep us updated
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

WOW Looks awesome! Super Star Trek!!! I'm excited to hear about the underwater adventures.
Happy New Year! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Post by Magoi »

Good to hear again from you Rich. Let me know if I can help you with your new toy - looks great. I would love to dive again at PT. Lots easier to dive there since I am retired like you now.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.