Redondo Bottle Field

General banter about diving and why we love it.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Redondo Bottle Field

Post by YellowEye »

FYI -- The Redondo bottle field seems to have a lot of new rope laying around. Previously there was only one rope, which I used to orient myself for navigation. The first new rope I found is in the barky area... at first I thought the bark shifted! Just FYI. Some cool life can grow on those ropes but they can be an entanglement hazard.

Other updates from Redondo: Viz still sucks... but I did see a sand dollar out in the bottle flats, which I hadn't noticed before. Also, I've been seeing quite a few scalyhead sculpin in the bottle area, which I don't think I've noticed before.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Re: Redondo Bottle Field

Post by derekcs »

I saw the sanddollar too!
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

North or south bottle field?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Grateful Diver wrote:North or south bottle field?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Hi Bob!
South side, by the boat launch.

Forgot to mention, we came across a painted anemone out there too... I think this has been there, I just don't come across it often. Weird to see that nice burst of color out there.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

It's been a while but there has been other things added to Redondo north of the carousel boat. The boats name is the black pearl and it had a rope attached to it that lead to the main rope going down slope to the carousel boat. I heard another boat had snagged that rope and I am wondering if it might be the remnants of that rope. There was also a very large diameter rope just beyond the black pearl boat that lead to a smaller boat. This is all deeper then the original reef at Redondo.

It is also crabbing season does it look like rope from crab pots or nets?
Jeff Castor