Where would you retire in the USA to live and Dive?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Where would you retire in the USA to live and Dive?

Post by CaptnJack »

BillZ wrote:Puerto Rico is a US territory, relatively inexpensive and is a couple of hour plane flight to the mainland if the need arises. I've heard mixed reviews on the diving but at least the water is warm ;-)
jeff kruse and his wife lived in PR for a few years (maybe he will see this). The PR culture drove them crazy and they left for New Mexico after about 8 years. The paperwork/forms, the lines for everything, the garbage, the loose animals everywhere...
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

CaptnJack wrote:
McGlencoe wrote: I think anyone wanting to retire someplace should spent a solid 6 months there (at the very least winter and summer) to decide if its for them.

Excellent suggestion.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Grateful Diver wrote: I think Pt Townsend's a pretty laid-back community ... but Chimacum is probably more your taste. To each their own.

PT is awesome and yes, quite laid back for the visitor, we love it there, but the extra taxes, fees and politics are not all that great; real glad we bought in the county and stayed out of the city limits.