Best dive tattoo shop in Seattle or Portland

General banter about diving and why we love it.
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Best dive tattoo shop in Seattle or Portland

Post by JJHACK »

Or anyplace in the PNW for that matter A one time thing is worth the travel time for me.

I think I may have gone over the edge here and decided to get a tatoo of an Octopus. Cost is not the highest priority, quality is. Who has done something for you, post a photo here. Especially if you have an octopus!
The best things in life are not things
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Best dive tattoo shop in Seattle or Portland

Post by YellowEye »

Diver Jody up in Vancouver BC has dive tattoos... wolfeels and rockgreenling etc.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

I get all my work done with Jason Garza at flaming dragon in Tacoma. He has done a koi fish and some Polynesian honu for me. He is expensive and usually booked out about 1-2 months. But he does great work and is a great person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

My wife has had good experiences at Damask in Seattle. Hers was a whale shark, not an octopus though. Did not have a very good experience at Slave to the Needle.
MariaT
Avid Diver

Post by MariaT »

If you want to wait a little there will be this event in August: http://www.seattletattooexpo.com/ . There should be a lot of artists with their portfolios showing their skills and vision, you can talk to most of them right there at the expo too and see if you "click".
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

Teresa Lane at Sabbath Tattoo in Bellingham, WA. She drew mine totally custom from photos I've taken and a few pics I found on the web that I liked. She does amazingly realistic art work and very easy to work with. Check get out on Instagram.
Took two sessions to complete.
Took two sessions to complete.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

That actually looks badass!
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

Thanks Gdog! I'm really happy with it. I thought she did a great job on the octo itself and incorporating the anchor into the drawing as well. All that shading is free hand as well. It wasn't on the original drawing/transfer so it was a pleasant surprise when I saw how well it turned out. I'm thinking about having her draw up a sleeve to go along with it that might include lingcod, wolf eel, grunt sculpin and maybe a couple of my favorite nudi's!