Mukilteo crabbing report...

General banter about diving and why we love it.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Mukilteo crabbing report...

Post by H20doctor »

I got geared up and Used my diving scooter and hit Mukilteo at the Silver Cloud I scooted all the way to the north fuel dock and Hit a very large area.... What I saw was very disappointing..... I saw a lot of crab Molt's but no crab.... This area used to be a mecca for Dungeness crab and now it seems It's a thing of the past.... the fuel pier provided mussels and abundant food for them...and it's Gone as a Food Source ..Most likely you're going to need to go to the Boeing fuel. Dock where they offload Containers... This area seems to be decent but I don't have any hopes....
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Re: Mukilteo crabbing report...

Post by Cmjstealth »

H20doctor wrote:I got geared up and Used my diving scooter and hit Mukilteo at the Silver Cloud I scooted all the way to the north fuel dock and Hit a very large area.... What I saw was very disappointing..... I saw a lot of crab Molt's but no crab.... This area used to be a mecca for Dungeness crab and now it seems It's a thing of the past.... the fuel pier provided mussels and abundant food for them...and it's Gone as a Food Source ..Most likely you're going to need to go to the Boeing fuel. Dock where they offload Containers... This area seems to be decent but I don't have any hopes....
I was thinking of swimming over later this month but maybe it isnt worth it. So are you saying all the mussels are gone? Did they change something on the pilings that caused this? Thanks for the report.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Mukilteo crabbing report...

Post by H20doctor »

Several years ago they took out the fuel Pier B cuz it was dilapidated and collapsing and also because of they need to make way for the new ferry dock... This dock was the food source for the hundreds and hundreds of Dungeness crab
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen