DEMA 2018

General banter about diving and why we love it.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

DEMA 2018

Post by YellowEye »

Howdy
Last fri-sat, SJ and I went down to DEMA (dive industry conference) in Las Vegas NV. It was both our first time there. We went down to represent Jolly Roger Diving's new Panama location as well as Weezle. The scale of this show is huge... it filled several floors and a huge showroom in the las vegas convention center.... Great crowd! Great show!

I spent most of the time in the camera gear section, and got a chance to talk to all the major camera manufacturers as well as accessory suppliers like SubSee, Keldan lights, SLS Photography, Backscatter etc. We got to talk to xray mag as well. WoW!

They had several very informative sessions on wide angle photography, balancing natural+artificial light, blackwater photography, and new innovative lenses designed just for underwater use from naiticam (impressive!). I got to hang out with several of the presenters afterwards and geek out!

Here were some of the photos highlighting the event...
Our buddy Richard Salas was a nice surprise to see
Our buddy Richard Salas was a nice surprise to see
Trying out the latest AP diving rebreather
Trying out the latest AP diving rebreather
Mike Fowler wanted us to both get onto Evo's
Mike Fowler wanted us to both get onto Evo's
The gang from Ikelite
The gang from Ikelite
Mike from Ikelite was a super cool guy.  He now wants to try coldwater diving!  And he wants to help me make some adjustments on ikelite strobes for cold water!
Mike from Ikelite was a super cool guy. He now wants to try coldwater diving! And he wants to help me make some adjustments on ikelite strobes for cold water!
Stphnmartin's video was playing at the Nauticam booth!
Stphnmartin's video was playing at the Nauticam booth!
Lologrande aka Billy
Lologrande aka Billy
Dinner with Jeff Bozanic.  http://divemagazine.co.uk/skills/6988-tech-profile-jeff-bozanic
Dinner with Jeff Bozanic. http://divemagazine.co.uk/skills/6988-tech-profile-jeff-bozanic
Hillary & Paul from Weezle, as well as a bunch of their friends and Bozanic's friends
Hillary & Paul from Weezle, as well as a bunch of their friends and Bozanic's friends
Got to talk to the folks from wallasea (who we'll be visiting in Feb) for just a bit
Got to talk to the folks from wallasea (who we'll be visiting in Feb) for just a bit
There were 2 huge rows each of booths on Bonaire and Indonesia! Tom Nic and Stephen would have been in heaven (respectively). Sadly there were no booths on Northwest Diving :(

We also saw some fellow local divers...Andrea P from 8, C&M from Silent World, Doug from UWS/DUI, James H from Harbor View, and so many more cool people

We missed hanging out with Nirupam, Calvin Tangfish, R Roddenberry, Rick/Jackie, Vince who were also there... so we'll have to go back!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: DEMA 2018

Post by Tangfish »

So sorry I missed you guys there, but looks like you had a great time. I didn't know that you know Jeff Bozanic, with I'd told you to tell him hi for me!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Wow. looks like a blast!
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

:popcorn: Great pictures of everyone! Looks like you had an amazing time!!! Thanks for sharing the pics and information about it all!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

It was fun. Forgot to mention, we also saw the one and only Hoodsport Diver (and his wife) at the show too! :supz: :partydance:
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Diverdave68
Avid Diver

Post by Diverdave68 »

:rawlings: DEMA is like MECA to divers.