Got me a blacktip

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Got me a blacktip

Post by Norris »

So yeah I have been scootering a gavin short body for a couple years now. After seeing the price of the new black tip I was intrigued. Only 1500 or so, and then factor in some bat trees. I went with the 12ah Dewault x2. (199 a piece).

Let me say, it is a great scooter. 8 speeds and even has a display showing battery power left, and gear you are in. I dived it Wed at T-dock and it was flawless and fast. I had no problem keeping up with my buddy on a sierra. The only issue I have is the trim, but considering the price, that is a non-issue. (nose points up)

So this thing is under 30 pounds, uses two power tool bat trees, and is quick. Liking it so far and would be happy to answer any questions.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Got me a blacktip

Post by H20doctor »

Alright finally you have something that can keep up with mine... 😄. Congratulations on the new purchase, let's Dive
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Intriguing
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I recently did a ptb conversation on my cuda. Wanna go compare scoots this week some evening?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

U'm. Yes .. nwbrewer.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Sounds fun!!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

H20doctor wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:22 pm U'm. Yes .. nwbrewer.
Wed?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

H20doctor wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:34 pm Alright finally you have something that can keep up with mine... 😄. Congratulations on the new purchase, let's Dive
Well I can't say that was my inspiration, but I am liking it just fine.

Still tweaking some weighting and adding snaps.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Norris wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:55 am
H20doctor wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:34 pm Alright finally you have something that can keep up with mine... 😄. Congratulations on the new purchase, let's Dive
Well I can't say that was my inspiration, but I am liking it just fine.

Still tweaking some weighting and adding snaps.
Ohhh it was your inspiration... to be able to keep up with faster Dive scooters and hve the ability for longer runs times ... :supz: :supz:
Me and chris borgan dived the lake the other day 2.5 Hours on the trigger ... good times
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

H20doctor wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm
Me and chris borgan dived the lake the other day 2.5 Hours on the trigger ... good times
2.5 hrs in the lake this time of year? Brrr......

Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

thats why got created lithium batteries and heated vests... :)
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Yep... Heated System . Nice and warm