Lost gear panic

General banter about diving and why we love it.
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Lost gear panic

Post by JJHACK »

I held a class at Edmonds Sunday for marine biology students.

I was so preoccupied with their set up and collecting there kit when we were finished and then caught off guard by another diver talking to me. I forgot completely that I had set down on the bench to get my wing plate off and mask fins gloves.

After collecting all the student gear and loading my stuff. I drove off forgetting my own gear on that bench.

If anyone found it and wants to be a super hero of divers please call me 509 540 5723
My specially made RX dive mask will only work for my RX just send that and keep the remainder.

Anyway an absent minded moment ended up being quite expensive. A good thing for instructors to not get preoccupied and walk away from gear on a bench debrief students.

Get your gear sorted first!!
The best things in life are not things
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Re: Lost gear panic

Post by orcasc205 »

Did you check with Underwater Sports there in Edmonds? People sometimes turn in found gear at the shop.
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Post by JJHACK »

Thanks good idea I teach for UWS too
sabrisi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by sabrisi »

Any luck?
we got no troubles life is the bubbles
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Post by JJHACK »

I was told to call Edmonds parks for lost and found.

I did call them but the lady said to send them an email. I sent the email and have never had a reply.

Every day that goes by the odds are Less that I’ll retrieve any of it.

My RX mask is the real loss to me. Not only it’s expensive but a long lead time to replace. Funny thing about the big blue light.

I found that light about 4 years ago diving at Edmonds. I posted that I found a light on this site. Nobody came forth. I posted again and then kinda forgot about it.

The light I left on the bench was that light. So now a third person will have a light from Edmonds. I’m not angry or depressed about losing gear like this. It is like tuition for my continuing education on how not to be stupid!

Maybe with some luck it will magically show up. Or at the least help somebody that really needed this high end stuff!
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Post by JJHACK »

Well no luck with the gear. A shame that mask is useless to anybody else it has my RX lenses in it.

Expensive tuition to learn better focus and block distractions from other divers when packing up.

I’m not the kinda guy to turn away questions from folks wanting to learn about a dive site or anything dive related. However shame on me for letting that distraction redirect my focus from the gear left on the bench!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Sorry to hear this! Did you scour craigslist etc?
Somebody similarly lost a scooter recently, found it for sale on craigslist.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Post by JJHACK »

Thanks for the tip hood idea
sabrisi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by sabrisi »

Bummer they didn't turn up - you have a great attitude about it! I had a few lights go walkabout in Bonaire - wherever they are I hope they are lighting up some cool fish!
we got no troubles life is the bubbles