7/25 diver missing in Deception Pass

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

7/25 diver missing in Deception Pass

Post by Nwbrewer »

Anyone hear about missing divers in Deception Pass? Saw that a search is underway in another forum. Hopping everyone check in ok and that they are just drifting. Be careful out there.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Re: 7/25 diver missing in Deception Pass

Post by Sharkb8 »

If this is true I hope there was a happy ending. Today was not a day to be attempting a dive in there. I did see on the socials that a friend had a bit better SAC rate than anticipated at the Mulkiteo T Dock and since he dove his tank the authorities were called about the missing diver before he surfaced (completely safe). Any chance that was the incident?

Edit: Definitely true. According to the local scanner report a scuba diver went in off the rocks in Bowmans Bay and didn't resurface after an hour. The coast guard and a SAR helicopter was searching all afternoon. No reports of the person being located. I'm not sure how accurate the location in the report is though since it's a significant hike in scuba gear to the proper Bowmans Bay location.
Party underwater
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Looks like he was recovered.

Sad turn of events, I'm glad his family will get closure though.

https://komonews.com/news/local/body-of ... ption-pass
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Saanauk
Just Settling In

Post by Saanauk »

There was a missing diver that had taken a small inflatable from Bowman Bay to a small beach towards Deception Pass. The Whatcom County Dive Rescue Team assembled divers yesterday with the help of Skagit Sheriffs Department and a Skagit Search and Rescue volunteer boat. The missing diver’s body was located and recovered. Very sad for the family but hope they are provided closure.