Debris dumping at Redondo

General banter about diving and why we love it.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Debris dumping at Redondo

Post by YellowEye »

Hi! I don't know if you guys have all noticed that there's been lots of debris dumped off the Redondo boat ramp in the last several years and it's gotten quite bad lately. Scrap wood, bark and other yard waste has now covered much of our beloved bottle field. It's quite ugly and the creatures don't seem to like it much! I suspect it will take a very long time to decay away.

We've spoken to the marina office and they are not pleased with this situation either. They are going to put up a no dumping sign and monitor video footage. If you happen to suspect a new dumping event do let the marina office know and they can investigate further.

It would be great if we can clean up the mess that's already there. Jess and I and several others have already worked to pull up some of the biggest pieces of scrap wood, but it's a lot of work! Anybody have any ideas on how to do an effective mass clean up, particularly of the bark?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Re: Debris dumping at Redondo

Post by Jan K »

On my last dive at Langley, I came across bunch of branches, definitely yard waste, there were cut offs, not broken by wind.
Not pretty... :angry:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown