Ntrox benefit class for Kimber (TeckDiverGirl over on SB)

General banter about diving and why we love it.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Ntrox benefit class for Kimber (TeckDiverGirl over on SB)

Post by dsteding »

All,

I'm cross posting this here for those of you interested in a nitrox class. I met Luann last night-she strikes me as a great instructor and this is for a good cause:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=147373

As someone who knew Kimber during her tenure in "waterless hell" I have decided to teach a Nitrox class with all proceeds going to Kimber's recovery support fund.

I would ask that, in addition to being a certified diver, anyone wishing to take this class do the following:
- make a donation (at least $100 would be fair, doncha think?) using Paypal or depositing directly into the fund that has been set up. Note it as from the nitrox class please.
- pay for their class materials (text, tables, etc) which I will provide at cost.
- pay for their certification cards.
- purchase their own gas.

Once we have a full class (or more! I will do 2 classes if need be!) we will set up a location for classroom sessions and dives. The plan is right now to teach a NAUI nitrox, but I can also teach SDI/TDI or YMCA. My class is challenging, fun, and I guarantee you'll get plenty of personal attention.

Date of choice is the weekend of July 14-16.

I'd like to have comittments ASAP so that we can work out the logistics. If you would like to attend, or if you have buddies who would like to attend, please PM me.

I know this amount will be a drop in the bucket towards expenses, but it's the best way I could think of to help. I've not taught in this area, having just moved from Ohio, so if anyone would like to check my credentials I will provide needed information.

If you are interested, PM stardiver over on ScubaBoard, or PM or email me and I'll pass her email address along.
Last edited by dsteding on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Wow thats a great deal and a great cause! that is cool of you to do that for TDG. I am already nitrox certified but I can say that those that arent should take advantage of it!!
Who run barter town?
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Yes, it is a good deal-to clarify, the instructor is not me, but stardiver over on SB, I met her last night at dinner, and she made a great first impression.

She's a teacher by profession as well, and we chatted a bit about her class, if I wasn't already nitrox certified, I'd be doing this for sure.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Please post a link to sb nitrox dive class!!
Who run barter town?
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

OP edited-I went back and that didn't look so clear, thanks for asking for the link.