I'm shriveling up!!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

I'm shriveling up!!

Post by nwscubamom »

My BARE CD-4 Pro drysuit has been leaking for about 4 months now, but I've never had a chance to send it in for badly needed repairs. Too many important projects and not enough downtime to be able to spare. I've been doing a LOT of patching over the summer months and wringing out wet undergarments. (and getting cold too)

Well, after the REEF survey dives on the 29th of September, I promptly brought my suit into the shop to send into BARE.

It needed a new zipper, a new neck seal (neoprene) and replacement boots since a hole was about to be worn into them both on the bottom. The suit had about 400 dives on it.

The suit was scheduled to be sent back on October 24th. Cool, all is well and good - I had a project on the 15th, but just wound up acting as boat crew for the day instead of diving. No problem.

So last week I get a call from the shop. BARE had sent the suit back, EXCEPT, they had not replaced the zipper!! ?!?!?!?!?! But they had charged the shop for the zipper - just not done it! #-o

Good grief - how can you overlook a thing like that?

So now I am in a tight squeeze - I *NEED* my suit for November 13th for a day of REEF Advanced Assessment Team surveying - and I told them so. I guess they were able to work it out with BARE (at no extra charge to the shop or to me - and I should HOPE so since it was BARE's fault) to get this suit done.

Cross your fingers that it gets back to me in time for the 13th.

I was actually avoiding KME since so many people had been having difficulties with them lately and their prices were so high. And now this with BARE - anyone else experienced problems with drysuit repairs or is it just my lucky day?

- Janna :) (drying out...)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Janna,

Do you want to use my DUI until your suit gets back? It have dry gloves. I am sure it would fit you fine. I also have an OS Systems that would also fit. Neither suit leaks and are in good condition. Let me know and I will send it to you.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

That is REALLY nice of you Amy!!! But I think I'm fine. Unless there's a hiccup in the plan - then yeah, I may take you up on the offer for the dives on the 13th. Just cross your fingers!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

sorry, but for reasons beyond my controll i have no comment blasted coffee just is not doing the trick today....
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

Oh, Seth, Seth, Seth.....

You know how there are some things that should stay in your in-head voice? Maybe, and I'm just tossing this one out there, maybe this may have been one of those.

dd
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Hmmmm. I must have missed an edit because this thread is not making sense anymore. ](*,)
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

BbbleMkr wrote:Oh, Seth, Seth, Seth.....

You know how there are some things that should stay in your in-head voice? Maybe, and I'm just tossing this one out there, maybe this may have been one of those.

dd
I missed it to, but figured that Seth edited out what he said. But, that brings to mind a comedy routine I went to here in Portland about a year ago. The comic was a middle age guy who finally figured out he is one that always has "First thought wrong" always. It was so funny, and most of us guys could relate to all the things he said he had done. So Seth I from experience know that sometimes it is just one of those "Did I say that out-loud" moments.
Charles
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Aquanautchuck wrote: So Seth I from experience know that sometimes it is just one of those "Did I say that out-loud" moments.
Yep, that's what is was. ](*,)

Sorry Ladies. :crybaby:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nice job Seth - quick recovery! =D>

So... how about them Wildcats!?!? (While I graduated from UW, I started at UofA and grew up in Tucson!) :supz:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sounder wrote:Nice job Seth - quick recovery! =D>

So... how about them Wildcats!?!? (While I graduated from UW, I started at UofA and grew up in Tucson!) :supz:
Yea, what about those "DUCK'S".
Charles