Who dives during Sewage Overflow Alerts?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Chevayea
Compulsive Diver

Who dives during Sewage Overflow Alerts?

Post by Chevayea »

Hey guys,

During heavy rains and flooding, King County and others release sewage with their overflow runoff water from many of the treatment facillities into the Sound. You can see the active ones here: http://dnr.metrokc.gov/wtd/cso/status/index.htm

I had a buddy cancel a dive this wek due to the sewage overflows into the sound. So my question is does this deter any of you from diving during or immediately after these sewage releases? If so, how long do you wait until you feel it is okay to dive again?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I thought that was how it always is at cove 2! So close to the Duwamish and all.. :la:
Who run barter town?
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Due to the sewage problem in the Sound, maybe it's time to take a look at some of the alternative dive sites, such as I5.

-Ben

ps - despite the joke, my thoughts and prayers are with those suffering as a result of current conditions.
Solitude Diver
Avid Diver

Post by Solitude Diver »

airsix wrote:Due to the sewage problem in the Sound, maybe it's time to take a look at some of the alternative dive sites, such as I5..
:laughing3:
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

airsix wrote:Due to the sewage problem in the Sound, maybe it's time to take a look at some of the alternative dive sites, such as I5.
Sweet. I'd dive that! \:D/
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

I would rather ski I-5. I think the Scuba Kat only draws like 10".
Charles