Regional multi-Club BBQ July 4th @ Mukilteo

General banter about diving and why we love it.
David McLean
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Regional multi-Club BBQ July 4th @ Mukilteo

Post by David McLean »

July 4th - Come to Mukilteo Lighthouse State park and barbecue with other dive clubs in the Puget Sound!

This July 4th is our first regional dive club barbecue. Come join Moss Bay Dive Club, Marker Buoy Dive Club, Emerald Seas Dive Club, Boeing Sea Horses, Mud Sharks for this "gathering of the diving clans." Bring your own Barbecue goodies and a dessert entry for the cross-club dessert competition. We will be coordinating with the WSU Beach Watchers and will be doing naturalist interpretation, undewater video (we need more videographers!) and presentation, and underwater communication to kids on the shore,we will also do a shore cleanup when we wrap up our day.

We will have the crab pots out and boiling, so if you plan to crab dive that day, please bring your catch over!

Hint: Mukilteo has great facilities but they fill up fast on the 4th. Send someone early to get a table with shade, or bring shade with you. We are going to be there before 7:30 AM to go ours. They have charcoal barbecue pits for cooking. Bring a club banner so we can find you!

We are tracking our club sign ups around this activity at : http://www.meetup.com/MossBayDiveClub/c ... /10355358/

David McLean
Director
Moss Bay Dive Club
director(then put one of them at sign things where the parenthesis are)mossbaydiveclub.org
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Re: Regional multi-Club BBQ July 4th @ Mukilteo

Post by Fishstiq »

I wish I could be there for this, it sounds awesome!! I hope you have a great turnout, if I wasn't out of town I'd be there!!! Plus, I have a signature dessert that cannot be bested!!!!!
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Anynoe from our little family going? I'm thinking of it , can you see the everett fireworks from the park?
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I'm thinking about going early and getting a couple dives in.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

I'll be there. I've never been diving at Muk - so exciting, a new spot!

:-)
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

TCWestby wrote:Anynoe from our little family going? I'm thinking of it , can you see the everett fireworks from the park?
You will be able to see them, but it will be a ways away. They are setting them up on the dock at my work rite now. The best place to watch them will be at legion park in N Everett. Or the tenth street boat launch.
Who run barter town?
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Jenbowes wrote:I'll be there. I've never been diving at Muk - so exciting, a new spot!

How was your dive? Mattleycrue and I decided to bail cause the current was dragging everyone away.
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

sheahanmcculla wrote:
Jenbowes wrote:I'll be there. I've never been diving at Muk - so exciting, a new spot!

How was your dive? Mattleycrue and I decided to bail cause the current was dragging everyone away.
We didn't go, either. Matt wonked out his ankle the weekend before, and found on our Friday dive that fining made it worse. So instead, we had a bbq at his house.

Which means I STILL haven't been diving at Mukilteo. Someday... someday.

Our Friday dive was fun, though - first time back in the water since Honduras and to tell the truth, I think I prefer the PNW.

Good news for me!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

The picnic was really fun. We had 5 clubs represented and by eyeball measure over 100 divers. It was hard to tell as people came and went including diving off the point and crabbing the dock. .
Weather was great, folks were really nice and I got to see some people I have not for a good while and met some new ones.

Kim Corn from Moss Bay got there WAY early to score the big shelter-way to go (no reservations on holidays). We arrived about 7 for a still pretty quiet picnic area. About 8 things in general started picking up and stayed pretty busy until mid-afternoon when the divers started to leave and new folks started claiming the tables.

This is a good start on a good mixer. The dive community is a very small segment of the community at large and it does us good to have a collective identity and set of goals when work like saving Mukilteo needs to be accomplished. To that end knowing other members of the group helps establish this voice and encourages cooperation.

Fritz
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.