Did you all miss me?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Re: Did you all miss me?

Post by Paulicarp »

I can't say that I missed you because I must have joined while you were away. But considering all the excitement on your return, I have to say I'm looking forward to meeting you! I'm becoming a regular fixture at Mukilteo, so I'm sure we'll meet up soon.
Welcome back :breakdance:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

spatman wrote:
Tangfish wrote:Now the title of "Longest Drive Diver" will rest undisputedly with Spatman.
not true, amigo, not true...

there are quite a few divers that drive just as far, and even farther, to dive than i do...

And in spite of all the additional fuel they burn to get here, they still leave a smaller footprint than you do...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:
spatman wrote:
Tangfish wrote:Now the title of "Longest Drive Diver" will rest undisputedly with Spatman.
not true, amigo, not true...

there are quite a few divers that drive just as far, and even farther, to dive than i do...

And in spite of all the additional fuel they burn to get here, they still leave a smaller footprint than you do...
:dontknow: i'm a size 11, so yeah, thre are lots of people leaving smaller footprints than i do.
kirbycook
Avid Diver

Post by kirbycook »

Sparky - Good to hear from you!

I've missed meeting you and Jay at Cove 2 on your marathon trips up here. It's great to hear that you are moving to Lake Stevens... I'm on the SE side of Marysville... almost in LS myself.

I've done some dives at Lake Ki... pretty typical W WA lake dive... exceptional only in that it's convenient (you can almost splash right from your tailgate), but not much to see. There are many, much better options...

I'm looking forward to splashing with you again!

Kirby~
Have gear will travel...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

hey Guys
thanks for all the warm welcome back it touches my dry suit and makes me want to laod the gear up and head north

But I have to wait till I find a job up there of sell my place here first I will try to be better about keeping in touch I know I have been bad a bout that

but you never know some of you may have seen me running up and Down I 5 on my bike
these last few weekends

if you see this guy then its me

I will be going to Lake Stevens next weekend I have a job interview on Tuesday of next week so i am going to be headed up riday after work here and staying untill some time Tuesday afternoon

watch for me

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Sparky who?

What is this, you have HAIR. :partydance:

I guess this means I'll have to drive to dive.

Doug
If only I had Gills
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

sparky wrote:watch for me

Sparky
Good to hear from you again Sparky, and we'll be watching for you!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
sungurl
Aquaphile

Post by sungurl »

I second what Paulicarp said..... "can't say that I missed you because I must have joined while you were away. But considering all the excitement on your return, I have to say I'm looking forward to meeting you!" Welcome back!!!! :partydance:
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Good to have you back, Sparky. What are you riding now? Can't tell from the picture.
I guess we won't ever get that Oregon Coast dive in together but perhaps I'll see you up at a site in Puget Sound.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

these days i am on a 2008 harley Davidson Heritage Softail I have named Beatrice.
I have put over 23,000 miles on it sence I bought it in OCT of 08

Yes Doug i have hair and you are going to have to drive to dive with me

headed up to Lake Stevens after work on Fridayso you all be looking out for
me

if you see me give me the Ok sign so I know its one of you

Il try to be better about staying in touch but the next few weeks are going to be hectic to say the least

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Well Shoot
things are not going like I had planned them at all, having trouble selling this place and finding work in the Lake Stevens area that would not be a huge cut in pay for me, its starting to look like I may not get to move for a little while after all .

I know no excuse for not being a little more active on the club site like I said iIwas going to
I am thinking about trying to get a dive trip in the next couple weeks

you know I am stil a diver I still think better when im under water
and lord know i have not been there in a while,

im thinking maybe around the first part of next month or the middle of the month I might beable to be talked in to making a dive trip

now that I have some place to crash I might just make it a weekend trip try to dive Saturday and Sunday
maybe at Edmonds i havent been there in for ever

bet there has been lots of changes made by now

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Sparkster - you should try to make the club dive at Saltwater SP this Saturday. Park opens at 8AM.
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

bnboly wrote:Sparkster - you should try to make the club dive at Saltwater SP this Saturday. Park opens at 8AM.
I was planning to make a surprise visit but as it turns out I have to work this Saturday dam it
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man