Did you all miss me?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Did you all miss me?

Post by sparky »

Hey gang:

Did you all miss me? I have missed you, and I think of you all often
there is so much news to tell you guys I would not even know where to start, it is enough to say that I am moving to Lake Stevens WA soon to be with my Girlfriend Billie, and will be returning to diving soon I hope

I am in the middle of selling my place in oregon and looking for work in the Everett lake Stevens area,
But soon as i get all moved in and learn my way around a little better i will be hitting the old haunts and looking to catch up on my diving and BSing in between dives.

I am going to be living a few minutes from Mukilteo and not that far from Edmonds for that matter.

I even have managed to find my self a fresh water lake that looks like it might be a good place to play around and rinse the gear at the same time.

Has any one played around in Lake Ki yet?

Any how I look forward to seeing you all again soon
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
defied
I've Got Gills

Re: Did you all miss me?

Post by defied »

Who are you again?

0]

Welcome back, champ!

D(B)
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Sparky!
Good to see you on the board again!
Hope you are are able to dive on a few Thursdays down on the South end.
Get a job that gives you Thursdays off and you can dive every week.
But there seems to be a good Monday dive group in the North end too!
So, can you get your girlfriend into diving? :smt064
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

sparks! welcome back, dude! i think a lot of us were wondering what you were up to these days.

glad to hear you getting back into diving! :bday:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Six paragraphs and no spelling mistakes?

Who are you, and what did you do with the real Sparky? :80sdance:

Seriously ... we've all missed you. I was just asking a couple weeks ago if anyone had heard from ya.

It'll be good to have you up here, where we can dive with you more often.

Can't wait to see ya again, bud ...

:boucegreen:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome back, buddy!!!!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

be good to see you all again, I am trying to convince Billie she wants to dive.
can't wait to see everyone again. I will keep you updated on changes.
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Geez, I was just thinking two days ago about "Sparky.... I wonder what happened to him and where he is...." I must have been channeling you. Good to have you back!

Valerie
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Good to see you back Sparky it has been a long time since we last dived together. I was a rookie then wow how time flies. Hope to see you out on a Thursday.OH and welcome the Seattle area.
Jeff Castor
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Always good to hear from the Sparkster. That's awesome news that you're going to be moving up this way. Now the title of "Longest Drive Diver" will rest undisputedly with Spatman. Let's get a dive in once you're relocated and settled.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tangfish wrote:Now the title of "Longest Drive Diver" will rest undisputedly with Spatman.
not true, amigo, not true...

there are quite a few divers that drive just as far, and even farther, to dive than i do...
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Tangfish wrote:Now the title of "Longest Drive Diver" will rest undisputedly with Spatman.

there are quite a few divers that drive just as far, and even farther, to dive than i do...

Sparky once drove from.....what, like somewhere near Tillamook? To Edmonds Underwater Park for a 30 minute dive w/ Bob- slept in his car in the parking lot. Bob woke him up; they went for a dive, and then Sparky got back in his car and drove home so he could go to work that night. Maybe there are folks that drive farther, but Sparky's kind of legendary. And seriously hard-core! Not to mention, he's one of the first people to join the site. Great to see you back here, Sparky!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Sparky!! Dude, it's been forever!! I'm really excited to hear you're moving closer - we'll definitely need to catch up when you get here.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sparkster!

Hope to see you in the water soon!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome back Sparky!!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sparky, welcome back to our pond. Every so often someone replies to one of your old threads and I think "Great Sparky is back" just to be disappointed. This is the real Sparky right? Glad to here from your again.
Charles
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:

Sparky once drove from.....what, like somewhere near Tillamook? To Edmonds Underwater Park for a 30 minute dive w/ Bob- slept in his car in the parking lot. Bob woke him up; they went for a dive, and then Sparky got back in his car and drove home so he could go to work that night. Maybe there are folks that drive farther, but Sparky's kind of legendary. And seriously hard-core! Not to mention, he's one of the first people to join the site. Great to see you back here, Sparky!
Yeah...way back at the "Dawn of NWDC" Sparky sent me an e-mail asking me if I'd "like to join a little pod of divers".....there were only a handful of us then. My, how things have progressed over the past few years!

Again, I'm really glad to see you back here, Sparky! =D>

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Ok.

We all miss Sparky. Me too.

So.... where the heck are you? :tappingfoot:

One post does not a "return" make!

I'll give you a couple a weeks to get moved in, then we need to see your butt back in the water or at least an occasional sarcastic post in a thread hijack before I'm convinced you're "back". :pirate: No more "stealth mode" for the sparkster! :blackblink:

Hope to see you soon, Sparky. :boucegreen:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Ahem.....Mister Nic.....I realize that graduates of Lynnwood High School can sometimes have a hard time counting past one, but Sparky posted twice in the thread above. Does that meet your "standards"???? :smt064

Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

John Rawlings wrote:Ahem.....Mister Nic.....I realize that graduates of Lynnwood High School can sometimes have a hard time counting past one, but Sparky posted twice in the thread above. Does that meet your "standards"???? :smt064
Point taken about my counting abilities. And guilty as charged as far as being a graduate of LHS. (At least I got my drivers license and learned to type through the drug induced haze of my High School years....)

But Nope. Still not enough.

My name is Thomas, remember? Until I see him in a drysuit at 40fsw I will not believe... :angelblue:
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Oh, ye of little faith! :angryblue:

Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:

Oh ... there's WAY more to that story!

You remember that one, Sparky? That's the day I introduced you to Mr. Cabezon ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Tangfish wrote:Always good to hear from the Sparkster. That's awesome news that you're going to be moving up this way. Now the title of "Longest Drive Diver" will rest undisputedly with Spatman. Let's get a dive in once you're relocated and settled.
Ah ... that honor might go to Loretta ... by the time she gets to Portland, she's halfway here ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

John Rawlings wrote:Yeah...way back at the "Dawn of NWDC" Sparky sent me an e-mail asking me if I'd "like to join a little pod of divers".....
and there went the neighborhood. :hah: :smt064
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Looking forward to meeting you Sparky. I'm in Marysville so real near by. Hope to see you at our Monday Mukilteo Madness :supz:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith