pictures from edmonds underwater park.

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
jeff98208
Aquanaut

pictures from edmonds underwater park.

Post by jeff98208 »

we had some good diving yesterday, not a whole lot of current. and we got some good photos.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
gomi_otaku
Aquaphile

Post by gomi_otaku »

WHERE did you find that octo? That's good news to me, I've been diving EUP more lately! I've only ever seen one octo, a tiny red inside a bottle in Gig Harbor, so I'd love a resident at the park
gomi_
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Cool! A Shaggy mouse nudi, ling eggs (I'm becoming quite familiar with them lately), and an octo! Nice dive! \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Octos are rare at EUP ... especially reds. They're on a ling cod's menu (what isn't?), and don't usually stick around.

I was lucky enough to see an octo at EUP on my first-ever dive there ... and didn't see another one for about 3 years. Then we found one tucked underneath one of the Cathedrals, which stuck around for a few months before it disappeared. Haven't seen one at EUP since then. Nice find.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

very nice pics jeff! I've never seen the mouse nudi, and it appears this was a night dive at eup. pay for a pass did you?
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Grateful Diver wrote:Octos are rare at EUP ... especially reds. They're on a ling cod's menu (what isn't?), and don't usually stick around.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sure they stick around, Bob! They just do so in another form.....ling cod waste! #-o

- John (ducking for cover)
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Night Dive permits at EUP

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sgt. Pepper,

I don't believe you have to pay for a permit. I called the city of Edmonds once to ask about a night dive permit, and the explanation I got was that there was no charge, and that all they did was take your license plate number, and give it to the people in charge of closing the gate to make sure you're allowed to be there at night. Also, no matter what time of year, "night" officially starts at 10:00pm, so a 6:00pm dive in the winter isn't a "night" dive according to the city. If someone knows differntly (JDR?) please let us all know.

Jake
H20doctor

Post by H20doctor »

we did a night dive last sunday at EUP.. we got in the water at about 7pm.. I led the dive to the DRY DOCK.... yes I know off limits.. bla bla bla... WE had a killer dive.. lots to see.. lots of fish and a large octo.. I have seen many octo's at EUP and this was another one out and about... total dive time was 37 mins.. lots of fun..