Another dead Sixgill in the Shelton area?

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Another dead Sixgill in the Shelton area?

Post by Sounder »

Another dead pregnant sixgill near Shelton?!

Recently posted on the 5thD group, appears not to be the same as the south-sound one earlier. Anyone have information? Can't find anything yet, but reportedly the initial info came from the Seattle Aquarium.

I hope this is the same fish but I fear it's not.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

How about a link.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Nothing yet. The word came through the 5thD Yahoo! message board. Someone asked if it was the same sixgill as the South Sound, and the response said that it was not and that the information came in from Seattle Aquarium. I do not have, and have not been able to find, any other evidence or information.

I really hope sixgills aren't encountering issues in Puget Sound. Perhaps a "sixgill survey/search" should be conducted to see if they're in trouble, having problems, etc.?! I do remember Rawlings saying that having a sixgills stop and rest on the bottom was strange behavior (referring to Calvin's video taken with Nailer, Burntchef - I think, & Maverick... others?).

I can't find a link - any help, confirmation or dispute is welcome. :prayer:
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

still nothing in google news.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hmmm. It was on the 5thD group when I read it. I haven't found any confirmation either yet.