Two strange animal carcasses at Skyline Wall Anacortes (aka Burrows Pass) on March 30th.
I have sent two photos to my friends and so far nobody has any clue what are these, how these strange carcasses ended up there and in what purpose or in what process.
What is even more strange, I found these two probably about 20 to 30 feet apart from each other.
What was common about both of them:
1. They were both without skin (if mammal) or feather (if bird).
2. They both seem to be having upper part mutilated or shredded.
3. They both had a long tissue string (maybe intestines) hanging in the long loop. But intestines get larger and this fleshy string looks like same diameter for its entire length.
4. They both seem to have tail pointing more towards a mammal.
What was different about them:
1. You can see comparing pictures that one had a 5 fingered feet with fur at every finger end.
Second carcass had the feet cut off or bitten off
First I thought it could have been an extremely large elongated turkey but the birds do not have long tails like both carcasses had.
Based on the foot and tail shape and length it is too big for the Muskrat (I have seen Muskrats underwater in Lake Washington). Beaver and Nutria have different tails.
I suspect that these could have been River Otters.
Has anyone has any ideas if these carcasses could have ended up like this in any natural process?
To me it more looks like someone or something has skinned these animals and that is why fur is visible only on one paw/foot.
Would any savage human do such thing in these days ?
To me finding these two carcassess was sad and disturbing and so far I have not found any answers that is why I am posting it here.
Here are the pictures:
Please click on each of pictures once for a zoom and twice for even larger zoom.
Do "Right Things" rather than "things right".
Conquer your fears & you will be blessed with inner peace & serenity.
I feed "Good Wolf", learn from Eagles, smell Rose Anemones & dance with Sea Stars.
I respect ALL Creatures & Diversity.