incredible schools of shiner perch

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
dphershman
Aquanaut

incredible schools of shiner perch

Post by dphershman »

Mark and I did a dive at Redondo this morning, where I was amazed to see huge schools of shiner perch hanging around the carousel boat area I've never seen anything like it!

Anyone have an idea what's going on or if this is true at other locales?

Pretty nice viz... if you can tolerate the cold this is definitely the week to get out for some spectacular viz!

Dan
Dan Hershman :smt024
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: incredible schools of shiner perch

Post by ScubaJess »

Really cool shots!
I noticed a ton of baby rock fish everywhere by Gods Pocket. I'm glad the fish are coming back. :)

I hope it's a good sign, but I'm worried that maybe there are less big fish to eat the little fish? :(
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
dphershman
Aquanaut

Re: incredible schools of shiner perch

Post by dphershman »

ScubaJess wrote:Really cool shots!
I noticed a ton of baby rock fish everywhere by Gods Pocket. I'm glad the fish are coming back. :)

I hope it's a good sign, but I'm worried that maybe there are less big fish to eat the little fish? :(

I haven't seen a lingcod at Redondo in years, but if one happened by it would be a feast!

Dan
Dan Hershman :smt024