Candy Stripe Shrimp midsound invasion

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Candy Stripe Shrimp midsound invasion

Post by Sharkb8 »

Lately there have been reports of candy stripe shrimp at the north end of the Edmonds UP. Yesterday evening I found one under the geodome at the T Dock in Mukilteo. I was previously unaware of them being seen outside of the San Juans and Fidalgo Island. I haven't been diving long enough to know if they've been spotted in these areas in the past or not. Either way its great to see!
Party underwater
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Candy Stripe Shrimp midsound invasion

Post by ScubaJess »

That's fantastic news!!! Some of my dive buddies also found some at Point Hudson on our dive Sunday 😍🍭🦐🍭🦐🍭🦐
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! There have been reports of Candy at Edmond UWP in years past (>10 years ago though). And we saw them at keystone a couple years ago.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Wow... Candy at the Muk ? I did plant a crimson anem there at one time but I think it swam away ...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

H20doctor wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:05 pm Wow... Candy at the Muk ? I did plant a crimson anem there at one time but I think it swam away ...
There is definitely still the one under the west side of the dome that I thought showed up randomly last year….
Party underwater
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I had found a large crimson out deep one night scooting around and I planted it on top of one of the rocks inside the Geo Dome ... I found a large white clam shell and gave it a place to attach to
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen