Lobster in Puget sound?

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Re: Lobster in Puget sound?

Postby Sockmonkey » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Having lived in Boston for the past 10 years I can safely say that is an atlantic (or maine) lobster.

I saw it too... with Kalatin... My first reaction after having it pointed out was "And?" seeing that where I used to dive on Cape Ann is lousy with bugs. Makes me want to release some dungeness into Boston harbor... you know.. for science.

We tried to lure it out with melted butter but it gave us the claw.

-Eric

Kalatin wrote:We saw this him too. For a few minutes, I thought I had a bad air mix or was starting to have some form of underwater hallucination. Then I started to have wonderful thoughts of melted butter. My buddy made very clear "yummy yummy in my tummy" gestures, followed by a clear shout of "that's a f*$&@ing lobster." We left him alone - he looked comfy (but delicious).
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog

Kalatin
Dive-aholic

Postby Kalatin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:29 pm

We saw this him too. For a few minutes, I thought I had a bad air mix or was starting to have some form of underwater hallucination. Then I started to have wonderful thoughts of melted butter. My buddy made very clear "yummy yummy in my tummy" gestures, followed by a clear shout of "that's a f*$&@ing lobster." We left him alone - he looked comfy (but delicious).
"Another marathon, rush hour trek to foolishly compress myself and risk bodily harm and/or death to look at fishies!!! I love it!" - Casey B.
"The circle of life is a bitch when you're hungry." - Sockmonkey

dsteding
I've Got Gills

Postby dsteding » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:21 pm

Looks like it to me. My guess is someone "let it go." Catch it and eat it.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.

dphershman
Aquanaut

Lobster in Puget sound?

Postby dphershman » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:20 pm

We found a lobster today-- my buddy Andy who's from Maine says that its a Maine lobster?

????? :smt119

2812039969_c881efa9b1.jpg
Dan Hershman :smt024

Return to “Critter Watchers - PNW Marine Life”