In response to requests, Northwest Dive Club will now be allowing instructors and shops to list classes, sales, and/or events in this forum, for the benefit of divers wishing to further their diving education. Please note, these listings are for paid instruction, classes and events only. Free seminars and all safety-related education should still be listed in the Education Forum.
This is how listing in the Classes & Events Forum works:
- The cost to place a text based ad in this forum is $1 per day (seven day minimum). The cost to run a banner ad site-wide is $100 per month (one month minimum).
- Please send payments to paypal.me/dive (no need to tick the box) several days before you'd like the ad to go live, then send the text or banner to be posted to the Dive Club Captain as a private message, including all links and formatting you'd like to have included. The listing itself will be approved by a NWDC moderator prior to posting, and this may take up to a few days.
- You may list specific classes and events only. (i.e, no blanket listings, such as "best dive classes around at _____ dive shop", or open ended listings, such as "open water classes and the first and third Tuesdays of every month".
- You may reply to your own ad listing, posting new information, answering questions, etc. Please do not simply "bump" an ad listing; add useful information as necessary.
- One listing per store or independent instructor, please.
- Please provide the appropriate contact and pricing information in the announcement itself, rather than instruction for prospective students to call for pricing.
- Please provide the ad copy to us written in the third person, since the ad itself will not be posted using your account, and don't forget to include what you'd like the title of the ad to say.
Here is a sample posting, given the guidelines:
Title: Generic Seattle Dive Shop - May Classes
Open Water Class - $150 + $25 books
May Dates: 5, 12 (class/pool); open water dives 17/18
Advanced Open Water Class - $180 + $20 books
May Dates: 15th (class/pool); open water dives 20/21(night dive)
Classes are 10% off to all NWDC Members
You will need to bring a mask, fins and a snorkel to the class.
To sign up, please call: 555-555-5555 or email email@example.com
(this listing expires on _/_/15)
Read listings for classes, dive charters, equipment trading and sales and events by NWDC members and dive shops (see instructions for posting to this forum).
Moderator: NWDC Ad Listings
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Update: Charters are now subject to the same rules as classes and events. If you're the operator, organizer or otherwise benefitting financially from the sailing of a dive charter, it needs to be posted here. If you are simply booking yourself on a charter (and have nothing personal to gain) and want to throw out the time/date for others to join, that belongs in Dive Planning.