NWDC Pricing on O2 Cells from Analytical Industries

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

NWDC Pricing on O2 Cells from Analytical Industries

Post by Tangfish »

As some of you CCR divers may have noticed Teledyne cells have become pretty rare these days.

The people at AI have generously extended greatly reduced pricing on their sensors to Northwest Dive Club members.

If there's interest here, we can put together an order.
:supz:
4ster
Dive-aholic

Re: NWDC Pricing on O2 Cells from Analytical Industries

Post by 4ster »

Those are great prices! How will we handle returns if necessary? I've heard that AI solved its earlier problem with bad cells but sometimes batches can be bad.

Put me in for 2 for now.

Thanks for setting this up.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

56.25$ for Meg cells? Even though I'm still gunshy about AI, I'll take 2
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
vlad
Aquaphile

Post by vlad »

This is good prise indeed. +2 for me.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

They assured me that they'd take any cell back within a given timeframe, I think a year (have to double check on that), provided that it wasn't stored improperly (in a freezer or an oven). Also, they really seem committed to serving the rebreather market - they are really interested in getting feedback on the performance of the cells. So, regardless of where they're at with whatever batches had some issues (I still have never had an issue with one personally) - I think that they'll become/remain a great supplier over time.

Nailer, the ones we got that come in a tuna fish canister don't fit right in the meg head, I just found out.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Tangfish wrote:They assured me that they'd take any cell back within a given timeframe, I think a year (have to double check on that), provided that it wasn't stored improperly (in a freezer or an oven). Also, they really seem committed to serving the rebreather market - they are really interested in getting feedback on the performance of the cells. So, regardless of where they're at with whatever batches had some issues (I still have never had an issue with one personally) - I think that they'll become/remain a great supplier over time.

Nailer, the ones we got that come in a tuna fish canister don't fit right in the meg head, I just found out.
WHAT? I still haven't tried- I'll call TDL and see if I can straighten it out- Joel told me they fit the MEG.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Well, they "fit", but it's a tight fit and the little black cap that goes over the top is too big and kind of just flops around. So yes, they work - but it's not an optimal fit like other cells. I'm running one now.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: NWDC Pricing on O2 Cells from Analytical Industries

Post by Joshua Smith »

Tangfish wrote:Well, they "fit", but it's a tight fit and the little black cap that goes over the top is too big and kind of just flops around. So yes, they work - but it's not an optimal fit like other cells. I'm running one now.
Oh, ok. Anyway, I have been hearing good stuff about AI, and instead of raising their prices when teledyne pulled the plug on us, they lowered them. That's enough to convince me to give them another whirl.

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: NWDC Pricing on O2 Cells from Analytical Industries

Post by John Rawlings »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Tangfish wrote:Well, they "fit", but it's a tight fit and the little black cap that goes over the top is too big and kind of just flops around. So yes, they work - but it's not an optimal fit like other cells. I'm running one now.
Oh, ok. Anyway, I have been hearing good stuff about AI, and instead of raising their prices when teledyne pulled the plug on us, they lowered them. That's enough to convince me to give them another whirl.
As you know, I was just as angry at AI as the next guy, having had a couple of their cells crap out on me after only a couple of months.

However, we met with them at DEMA and they showed us what their quality control procedures are now and everything else that thy do to prevent "old" cells from being sold. They convinced me to give them another try and I picked up three cells.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
rjw
Aquanaut

Post by rjw »

I'd be interested in a set (3).
No amount of Helium can make a dumbass smart. - Chatterton
FOTTF
Life's been good to me so far
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I just got word back from them on how to put in each of our orders. Please PM me for this information. I've gone ahead and sent PMs to all those who have expressed interest in this thread.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Okay, after much confusion it looks like we're going to have to put in a single order, which is kind of a logistical pain b/c we're all in different locations, etc. So.... if you guys are still interested then can someone volunteer to make it happen? Sorry, I thought it would be cool if we just sent a bunch of people their way!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

*crickets chirping* Hey guys - you all still interested in this order?
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

Calvin et al,

I missed Calvin's previous post. I'll do it. Any one interested PM me and I'll send you my pay pal address. I'll order next wednesday.

I will either meet you for a dive or I can ship the cells once they arrive in a post office flat rate box for $4.85.

Steve
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Thanks, Steve. Just let me know when you've gotten in touch with most of the folks. We'll get this put together!
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

Steve, put me down for 3.
g
Gill Envy

...because we weren't born with gills!
Agent 47
Aquaphile

Post by Agent 47 »

Hey steve can you get one for me as well?

Aaron.
I do have opinions of my own,,,very strong opinions!,, I just don't allways agree with them.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

I've not heard back from the supplier so I think I can add to the order. I think they are off on Christmas holidays.
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

The holidays are over and the supplier has replied to Calvin and me. From her last email it looks like I can place our order Tuesday or Wednesday.

Last chance to amend or place an order.
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

10 cells were ordered today, they will ship tomorrow.

For those that have not received AI cells before, cells intended for diving are tested by AI to be in spec in air and 1.6 ata O2. Each cell will come with a test report in (or on) the sealed bag they ship in. The rep said they are warranted to calibrate for a year from date of purchase. If there is a problem they probably will ask that the cell be sent back for testing and inspection.

Steve
Gill Envy
Dive-aholic

Post by Gill Envy »

steve, i'd "green" you if I could! thanks for stepping up and taking this on!
g
Gill Envy

...because we weren't born with gills!
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

The cells arrived today. They charged 7.90 for freight, or .79 per cell (10 cells were ordered). So be prepared to fork over 57.04 for each cell.

I will be at Fox Island West Wall tomorrow and might be at Keystone on Sunday. If I can meet anyone at one of those sites or along the way that would save re-shipping costs. I'll send PM's to the people that ordered with my phone number so we can coordinate.

Steve
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

It looks like all my buddies bailed on the Fox Island dive. But I will be at Mukilteo on Monday at 6:00pm for MMM. If that works for anyone...
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

Anyone need cells?

If I can get a few of us together I will put in an order.

Steve
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

I could use 5 R-22's. But you'd have to forward them to me when they arrive in Seattle.
Dave Mitchell