Found CCR gear at Hood Canal?

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
RDW
Aquaphile

Found CCR gear at Hood Canal?

Post by RDW »

Anyone missing a critical piece of their CCR?
It was found over at Hood Canal and turned in yesterday (Sat PM).
Describe your rig and the anguish that may go with it. I have it in my saltwater stained paws.
Just want to get it back to the proper owner. I know how I'd feel if I lost one of these. I feel the pain.
PM or email: heliox@starfishdivinginc.com
Contact #: 206-387-6749
Randy Williams

"Man who say it cannot be done should not bother man who is doing it."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Found CCR gear at Hood Canal?

Post by Joshua Smith »

Gotta be a good story behind this.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Was there a body involved?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

That's awesome that you'd take the time to post Randy... One of the things I dig about diving, we take care of each other.... You Rock Mr. RDW!
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
RDW
Aquaphile

Post by RDW »

No, no bodies involved...that I know of.
This CCR item (hint: Not for a Meg) was brought in to Tacoma Scuba late on Saturday.
It was handed to me for identification as to it's function and purpose.
This ain't a cheap piece of the kit! Somebody wants this bad-boy returned.
Pass the word!
Randy Williams

Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

My.vote is a scrubber
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

hopefully it wasnt Agent47 that decided to go dive without his rEvo scubber canisters in order to improve his breathing effort...

looking forward to the article entitled: "soaring the deep with heavenly creatures, soothing my soul and smiling ever so gently from within my heart" :smt064

them damn sorb granules just get in the way of a good dive.
Last edited by kdupreez on Mon May 02, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
RDW
Aquaphile

Post by RDW »

B-Chef, my lad...You are a psychic!
Yep, the items owner has been located and the lost critter is heading home.

Hey! You mean kitty litter makes my breathing...harder? I just hold my breath and cut down on the nasty
carbin deeoxic stuff. OK...nap time.
Randy Williams

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Found CCR gear at Hood Canal?

Post by Joshua Smith »

kdupreez wrote:hopefully it wasnt Agent47 that decided to go dive without his rEvo scubber canisters in order to improve his breathing effort...

looking forward to the article entitled: "soaring the deep with heavenly creatures, soothing my soul and smiling ever so gently from within my heart" :smt064

ROFL!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

kdupreez wrote:hopefully it wasnt Agent47 that decided to go dive without his rEvo scubber canisters in order to improve his breathing effort...

now that's funny as hell, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

LMFAO, can't breathe.....
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

Most of the time I enjoy this board and the people on it. Once in a while the bus drives off the road and its like being back in junior high school.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

We need a "best of 2011" :angelblue:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

4ster wrote:Most of the time I enjoy this board and the people on it. Once in a while the bus drives off the road and its like being back in junior high school.
I'll save you a seat on the bus and share my lunch with you if it would make you feel better? :luv:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

kdupreez wrote: I'll save you a seat on the bus and share my lunch with you if it would make you feel better? :luv:

That wouldn't be the "Short" Bus would it? :angelblue:

:rofl:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

boydski wrote:
kdupreez wrote: I'll save you a seat on the bus and share my lunch with you if it would make you feel better? :luv:

That wouldn't be the "Short" Bus would it? :angelblue:

:rofl:
Took the words right outta my mouth! :tomnic:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Glad to hear that the "vital part" has made it back to the owner! That deserves an OOOOH-RAH! :taco:

Now, regarding the "other part" of this thread. Let's give it a rest, guys....Agent47 is no longer around to defend himself, and there is no useful reason to bring up past troubles. Frankly, that was an uncomfortable situation, especially from the Moderators' viewpoint, and it would be best if we simply left it in the past. Many members here know him, and they do not need to come here and read such stuff.

OK? :tappingfoot:

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

I have to give RDW another round of applause for going thru the trouble to take the time to try and find out who owned the lost scrubber canister.... Props Randy!
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

John Rawlings wrote:Glad to hear that the "vital part" has made it back to the owner! That deserves an OOOOH-RAH! :taco:

Now, regarding the "other part" of this thread. Let's give it a rest, guys....Agent47 is no longer around to defend himself, and there is no useful reason to bring up past troubles. Frankly, that was an uncomfortable situation, especially from the Moderators' viewpoint, and it would be best if we simply left it in the past. Many members here know him, and they do not need to come here and read such stuff.

OK? :tappingfoot:

- John
sorry for being a cheeky monkey John... I'll try contain myself..

:eric: :whip:

Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Niiiice find, Randy. Glad it got back to the owner. He/She must've been thinking, "wow, my rebreather feels a little light today" when they were breaking it down.