New wing

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

New wing

Post by Joshua Smith »

Pretty excited to get it in the water.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1338702718798.jpg
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: New wing

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hey, that looks like a really nice piece of gear! Congratulations!

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Joshua Smith wrote:Hey, that looks like a really nice piece of gear! Congratulations!

Thanks!

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Josh #2 is right, it does look like a nice piece of gear. When's the test dive?
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Muhahahaa... now thats funny.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:Josh #2 is right, it does look like a nice piece of gear. When's the test dive?
Might be next weekend with you, actually. Probably won't have a chance before then...

Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

That thing looks pretty high tech.

I am kinda suprised, aren't you that guy that dives the wooden backplate and wears a sand pale on your head to help equalize your ears? Anyhoo..nice wing, if your into that modern stuff.
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Never, ever underestimate the desire of a "Meg Man" to get yet another piece of gear with the ISC logo on it....
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

John Rawlings wrote:Never, ever underestimate the desire of a "Meg Man" to get yet another piece of gear with the ISC logo on it....
I won't deny being an ISC fanboy. The logo is pretty sweet, too. Not as cool as that whole "red lipstick" KISS thing, of course...... but it's pretty good.

But what really drove this purchase for me was the fact that it's not easy to find a wing with 50# of lift. Which seems to be the sweet spot for me- my Oxycheq is a 42# wing that doesn't quite get my airway out of the water when I'm in full kit....which, of course, is not a big deal on a CCR, unless you need to get off the loop. Then, it's a really big deal.

renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

[sarcasm]Isn't it hard to breath off a single corrugated hose? I thought you guys had two connected together. Is that an aftermarket/DIY part?[/sarcasm]
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

renoun wrote:[sarcasm]Isn't it hard to breath off a single corrugated hose? I thought you guys had two connected together. Is that an aftermarket/DIY part?[/sarcasm]
I dont see the problem. It's for a re breather, right?

ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Joshua Smith wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:Never, ever underestimate the desire of a "Meg Man" to get yet another piece of gear with the ISC logo on it....
I won't deny being an ISC fanboy. The logo is pretty sweet, too. Not as cool as that whole "red lipstick" KISS thing, of course...... but it's pretty good.

But what really drove this purchase for me was the fact that it's not easy to find a wing with 50# of lift. Which seems to be the sweet spot for me- my Oxycheq is a 42# wing that doesn't quite get my airway out of the water when I'm in full kit....which, of course, is not a big deal on a CCR, unless you need to get off the loop. Then, it's a really big deal.
Don't know the problem. I've got a dual bladder OMS wing in my garage that has never been used. The project I bought it for never happened and it is way too much wing for everything else.
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

congrats to you and the new gear purchase
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen