Need some Ike parts

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Need some Ike parts

Post by dieseldude »

I have an SD990 & two Ike housings for it. I am chasing a leak on one housing & fixing sticky buttons on the other. I found I have a spring missing from one of my buttons. Its an unlikely button to push underwater but if it gets bumped, it'll lock up the camera so I'm playing Peter & Paul to get the one housing going but I'd like tohave a spring & I figure at some point these orings will need more than lube. Anyone got a source on these kind of parts? I fumbled through the Ikelight website & the only thing I took away from it is that my housing is obsolete.
Thanks for the help,
MJ
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Re: Need some Ike parts

Post by rcontrera »

While the housing may be old, they do sell all the parts. Just call them yourself or have your dealer contact them.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

or you could fix the one and send the other in for service and they will send it back like new.
dphershman
Aquanaut

Post by dphershman »

Dusty2 wrote:or you could fix the one and send the other in for service and they will send it back like new.
Yes, I'd like Ikelight take care of it. They'll have your housing working like new again in a jif. The housings don't really go obsolete, they just change the shape of the housings to match changing models. The levers, pins and rods they use stay the same.
Dan Hershman :smt024