goodbye gopro!

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

goodbye gopro!

Post by Dusty2 »

This new Kodak camera looks like a spectacular option for the movie buff out there! Full 1080 HD video at 60 fps, 280 fps hi speed slow motion mode, 12 mp stills, and only $200! now they just need a UW case which I'm sure won't be far behind.

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/e ... 3556774309
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: goodbye gopro!

Post by ljjames »

the specs you quote are very different from the ones listed at the link.. is there a different camera you intended to link to?
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

Some friends of mine at work have the PlaySport Zx5, and they really like it. Amazon sells the Zx5 for $99 and I'm really close to buying it. Myabe I should wait!
Life is good, let's dive!!
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Bob--I saw someone with a Kodak Zx3 who said the 5 version had some bugs but the 3 was still a sturdy option. That's all I know, so you may want to investigate.
Kelly
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

ljjames wrote:the specs you quote are very different from the ones listed at the link.. is there a different camera you intended to link to?
Yeh, They fooled me on that one. I was looking at it on Amazon and just copied the model into google and turns out there are 2 playfull video cameras! Sorry about that.
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

as soon as there is a case for it, I'm all over it. I would just stick with the GoPro, but the lcd screen on the back is a huge selling point for me.
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

I just like how the go pro is a little smaller, but the selling point is the price... It would depend on how much a case cost me and the end result of total cost. I am on the look out for a slightly used reasonably priced go pro tho lol
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Didn't Kodak just file for bankruptcy?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Didn't Kodak just file for bankruptcy?
Not yet but bankruptcy appears to be imminent.
http://www.thestreet.com/story/11374761 ... oodys.html
Cheers!

Ron