For Sale: Wide Angle lenses for DX Nikon

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
dphershman
Aquanaut

For Sale: Wide Angle lenses for DX Nikon

Post by dphershman »

I've moved my underwater photography to the FX (full frame) format so I'm having to replace my favorite wide angle lenses with ones that are FX compatible.

I'm selling off two of my favorite nikon compatible wide angle lenses. If you have a Nikon D7000, D5000, D300, etc, D90, D80m, D50 or D40 these are perfect wide angle choices.

Tokina 10-17mm fisheye. Probably the best wide angle closeup lens in production. (wish I could get an FX equivalent) New this lens is $670, I'll let it go for $500. This lens focuses to within an inch and makes truly spectacular images.

Here's a photo made with it

I'm also selling a Tokina 12-24 Rectilinear lens. New this lens is $400, I'll sell it for $275. This lens is the best choice for photos of divers and larger animals. Here's an example photo made with this lens

with a +2 diopter it makes an effective wide angle closeup lens as well. Here's one example.

If you're new to Wide Angle closeup photography there's an excellent article here http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/wide- ... hotography

Please PM me for more information if you're interested. I have a pair of Ikelite dome housings for each of these lenses as well, if you have an Ikelite housing we can work out something for those as well.

Dan
Dan Hershman :smt024