Redondo FEB 20

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
GRH
Frequent Bubbler

Redondo FEB 20

Post by GRH »

After over a month since my last dive I made the short drive down the hill to Redondo for a nice dive with Bob. I am still new at this game but starting to notice flaws that bother me now where I had been thrilled just to get a shot my first few times out. I think I know what happened and next trip should be better.

Can someone tell me why linked images get cropped?

Thanks.

edit: 800 pixel images deleted and 640 reposted below.
Last edited by GRH on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo FEB 20

Post by H20doctor »

you have to meet the pixel specs...

read Here http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20001

nice shots .. welcome to NWDC
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
GRH
Frequent Bubbler

Post by GRH »

What is the maximum width? Rare to run in to a forum that doesn't support 800 pixel width anymore.

Here are some 640p wide versions to test.

Thanks.

Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

looks pretty good to me
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Look good to me too :-)

BTW - Is the 5th shot a cockscomb? I don't know if I have ever noticed a "mohawk" like the one that fella has.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Nice shot of the cockscomb! And the lumpsucker is lovely, with his colors matching the blurred background, but standing out because of the lighting.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
GRH
Frequent Bubbler

Post by GRH »

Scubie Doo wrote:Look good to me too :-)

BTW - Is the 5th shot a cockscomb? I don't know if I have ever noticed a "mohawk" like the one that fella has.
I confess I am too new at this game and am just starting to learn the different species that lie beneath the sea. Here is a wider shot that had a hot spot too bright for me to want to post but I’ll add if it helps you identify and I can learn as I go. The second shot is of its’ mate (I assume) that was too shy to come out and play.

Thanks.

Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

GRH wrote:
Scubie Doo wrote:Look good to me too :-)

I confess I am too new at this game and am just starting to learn the different species that lie beneath the sea. Here is a wider shot that had a hot spot too bright for me to want to post but I’ll add if it helps you identify and I can learn as I go. The second shot is of its’ mate (I assume) that was too shy to come out and play.

Thanks.

I'll let someone better qualified then me to ID this :)
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Looks like you're getting the hang of underwater photography, George ... I love the crab shot ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
sekhmet
Avid Diver

Post by sekhmet »

LOVE the crab shot, very very intense shot. I like the cockscombs too. They are very shy. I usually just wait and while and see if they will come out to get a shot. Very nice job! hey, that MY lumpsucker!!!!! :)
"Fish Worship: Is It Wrong?"